Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Eigar grey P300se pan roof, privacy and dark alum trim
23 Posts
Great stuff. I've had the P300SE for about a week now. So have got to grips with the charging (my first phev) etc. One thing that I hadn't realised straight away was that you shouldn't charge to 100% as most battery degradation occurs between 80-100%. So ideally you want to charge little and often between 15-75% charge if that makes sense. As the battery will then perform better for longer. Of course, when you need the full 34 mile leccy range, then by all means charge to 100%.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,333 Posts
Great stuff. I've had the P300SE for about a week now. So have got to grips with the charging (my first phev) etc. One thing that I hadn't realised straight away was that you shouldn't charge to 100% as most battery degradation occurs between 80-100%. So ideally you want to charge little and often between 15-75% charge if that makes sense. As the battery will then perform better for longer. Of course, when you need the full 34 mile leccy range, then by all means charge to 100%.
I think the charging systems know this and take things into account :)

PS. It's good to update your forum profile with your Evoque spec and year :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
@ALX55 what you describe above is correct, our i3 is always set to 95% and I know Tesla recommend a similar % charge for their cars. In essence you can set whatever % you want from within the car, via the car app or the wallbox app. Gotta love this style of charging 👍

Glad you’re enjoying your ‘P300e SE’ 👍

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,333 Posts
@ALX55 is that what the manual says about charging?
Some manufacturers include a buffer in the battery so things are taken care of.
i.e The usable battery size is different than the physical size, I don't know what LR do...

·
Registered
23 Posts
So this is interesting......

My Ohme smart charger which is set to ‘RR 2020 Evoque’ lists the bettery capacity as 41 miles, but as we know a full charge gives you 30-34 miles. So even if I set the smart charger to 80% let’s say, it still ends up charging to 100% as it thinks 41 miles if 100%. Does that make sense ?
So to do an 80% battery charge , you have to set the smart meter to about 60%.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I plan to charge to 100%, as I believe, and as stated above by HmmmUK, that the charging features take things into account at around 80%, by slowing the charge rate down from that point to avoid damage to the battery. This seems to upset BEV drivers at public charging locations.

There is nothing that I can find in the online manual which suggests charging to less than 100%:

Land Rover Owner Information

Here is some interesting stuff – however they haven't updated the EV range:

Range Rover Evoque PHEV (2020) Charging Guide | Pod Point

If I have misunderstood, I am happy to be corrected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will EV range be any different between MY 20 and MY 21?

·
Registered
47 Posts
What a performance, charge to this %, don't charge beyond that %. Expensive too.
I think I'll stick with petrol for as long as I can.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with HmmmUK. This is my third PHEV. If it's on the drive, it's plugged in - period. That way it's always at 100% and when it comes around to the preheating cycle in the morning, when I leave for work it's warm with 100% charge in the 'tank'! Never had any issues at all.

Reactions: Whoever

·
Registered
MY20.5 | 1.5 P300e R-Dynamic | Seoul Pearl Grey | Sliding panoramic roof | Premium LED Light | 2WDec
8 Posts
I'm looking forward to buy my home charger and I noticed in the market some portable fast chargers that managed to charge the batteries at 7,4KW. The positive points are I can managed to used it on the way because its not fixed on the wall and is actually cheaper than some wallboxes.
Have you ear something about the portable chargers? Has anyone used them before?

Thanks!

·
Registered
MY20.5 | 1.5 P300e R-Dynamic | Seoul Pearl Grey | Sliding panoramic roof | Premium LED Light | 2WDec
8 Posts
Sorry I didn’t insert link to the example of a portable charger:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts