Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a recorded message call from HMRC to advise me that there is an outstanding overdue in my name. I must press 1 or I will be arrested shortly. So please excuse me while I get changed ready for the arrival of the local constabulary to action the arrest warrant. I may be some time 🤣

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Was it the same robot voice that tells you your broadband is going to be cut off unless you press 1 ?
I pressed one and told them to f**k off.
Seemed to work ok.
:D

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it the same robot voice that tells you your broadband is going to be cut off unless you press 1 ?
I pressed one and told them to f**k off.
Seemed to work ok.
:D
Definitely a robotic voice. I did not press 1, I’ve more sense. Reported it to phishing at HMRC with the number that called me, then blocked the number.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The other one is a pre recorded voice that responds depending on your answers about "that accident you had".
Say yes then get the real person on the line.........................:D:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last time I had a call about an accident I was involved in, (not my fault), I asked them to speak up as the accident killed me & as I was buried 6ft underground the reception was not too good in the cemetery. They hung up for some reason 🤣

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I usually say "Hello, chief of police hear, can I help you and please be reminded that all calls here are recorded and traced for followup if needed". This usually works, unless I have some jerk from India, when I have to repeat this several times!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I like all the emails I keep getting from the US treasury telling me my email address has been linked to the 4.5 billion US dollars they seized last year, & they want to send me it all.
Or the ones from Nigeria from a “lawyer” who needs a beneficiary for the millions left with no will, and he wants to split it with me.
Or the etc etc etc

If you ever get anything of the above nature, forward it to [email protected] & they will sort it 👍

·
Registered
12,228 Posts
In the days of faxes, I would receive so many scam ones or un called for advertising ones, I simply forwarded them to the sender of the next spam faxer-seemed to stop after a while.
alternatively, I tell callers that NO, unfortunately you cannot speak to Mrs Hall as she passed away that morning-lines usually go very quiet quickly.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
242 Posts
Last time I had a call about an accident I was involved in, (not my fault), I asked them to speak up as the accident killed me & as I was buried 6ft underground the reception was not too good in the cemetery. They hung up for some reason 🤣
That’s awfully rude of them... no manners some people

Reactions: Veteran and Maffy

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
In the days of faxes, I would receive so many scam ones or un called for advertising ones, I simply forwarded them to the sender of the next spam faxer-seemed to stop after a while.
alternatively, I tell callers that NO, unfortunately you cannot speak to Mrs Hall as she passed away that morning-lines usually go very quiet quickly.
You could get rid of them even quicker if you said all being well, she was going to pass away later today 🤔

·
Registered
12,228 Posts
Will try that on the next one-LOL

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Reactions: Doogi and PhilB

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
165 Posts
I usually say "Hello, chief of police hear, can I help you and please be reminded that all calls here are recorded and traced for followup if needed". This usually works, unless I have some jerk from India, when I have to repeat this several times!!
This is so true, I had one threatening that I would be arrested by the police later today unless I paid ‘the outstanding balance’ Immediately. I explained several time’s that it was unlikely and that as I was the Chief Inspector for my area (true) I couldn’t really imagine my officers bursting into my office.
It must have taken about 15 minutes for the penny to drop and they hung up 😂😂

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Hi Binty -- I'd better be careful what I put on this forum in future!!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hey Binty, do you have to have your seat set right back, with you having a long arm & all that 😁😉

Reactions: Maffy and Binty

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Binty, do you have to have your seat set right back, with you having a long arm & all that 😁😉
And an opening sunroof for the tall hat?

Reactions: Binty

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
165 Posts
Gosh it’s a while since I heard those 😂😂, and of course I don’t have a sunroof, where would I put the blue lights ???

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I‘ll bet there were a few times during your career when you’ve been told where to put them 😱🥴

Reactions: Binty
1 - 20 of 28 Posts