Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from a fairly short trip, my wife's 66 plate Evoque started making a very high pitched whining noise which sounded like it was coming from around the nearside headlamp cluster even though the engine was switched off. This continued for a good 10 minutes until eventually stopping. It sounded like a loose/worn fan belt but the engine was not running - some kind of cooling fan?

There is also a constant electrical sounding bussing noise from the offside headlamp cluster which we think may be the self leveling motor still running. Could these two be related.

My wife is somewhat concerned as the noise did not sound at all good as she is worried it will break down on her.
Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Don't panic yet...
It might just be the normal noises as the vehicle shuts down. It can be a bit worrying, there's a lot going on.

Try double-locking the vehicle which shuts systems down a bit quicker (I think).
You might have to post a recording for people to judge if it's normal or not.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
There is a normal high pitch tone, sometime you just have to turn it on and it will do it for 5 minutes. Don't think anyone has actually confirmed 100% what it is exactly, Purge solenoid being one favourite which is on back of ford engine, not sure with the ingenium, but it is also not just an Evoque thing.

As for the buzzing that does not sound so normal, if that motor was running when off it would soon flatten the battery and probably burn out as it cannot keep moving, so likely it's something else, it may be normal, maybe someone with a newer one could confirm if they have a buzz.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HmmmUK, PhilSkill - thanks for the quick and re-assuring replies :smile:. We do have a video made which recorded the noise - I will see if I can get it posted.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
After listening to your video I think it needs checking out asap as it does not sound like any "normal" sounds I have heard that do sometimes emanate from the Evoque on shut down.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Never heard anything like that, it’s mental.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts