Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many cars on our roads today have secret or hidden menus that offer up either some mundane options, or some case quite spectacular options. My BMW menu isn’t overlay interesting though...🥱

I’m hearing the Evoque has a secret/hidden menu which appears to be quite clever.

My daughters friend has a MY16 Evoque and says hers does some quite special things.

What’s the crack here folks? I’m keen to see if the L551 has what the older one has as I’m up for a bit of quirky!

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
With the Evoque secret menu you can set your choice of songs/music to different functions

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
The hidden menu is great you can set it up to play tunes on various functions... trouble is when mine went in for new steering rack I lost what I had set up.... I think @Doink or Maffy might be able to help ... I can’t remember how to do it
But for example when used the paddle shift I had m.people ..moving on up play
When I opened pano roof blind I had ....here comes the sun

Sur they will be along to explain

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I didn’t set many on mine. I did have Bat out of Hell when in dynamic

·
Registered
MY20 P300e PHEV | Yulong White | R-Dynamic SE | Panoramic Roof | Clearsight | Driver Assist Pack
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that sounds cool, and explains why she said her friends Evoque plays ‘Low Rider’ when she plays with the suspension settings.

I’m liking this. 💃💃💃💃💃

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
sure someone will remind us tomorrow

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Not just the secret menu, I wonder if the new style/Model Evoques still have the small back up tyre inflator under the bonnet-got me out of a few holes that did.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
The tyre inflators need 90 kw electric to run ... they have foot pumps in this model .... and the meridian 350 is the preferred choice as the power of 825 decreases the battery life to 50 percent ( 20 mile).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not just the secret menu, I wonder if the new style/Model Evoques still have the small back up tyre inflator under the bonnet-got me out of a few holes that did.
Is this the self inflation unit?

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
8,859 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Will have to get Doink to remind me how tunes load up

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Might be a self inflation version MY17 had a small compressor near the Windscreen top up bottle, but neatly tucked away-took me ages to find it initially-just in case the gunk was out of date or you got caught short-good observation UKC

·
Registered
259 Posts
MY2015, useless functions in that secret menu!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Can’t even get into it on the MY20 the valet button is an on screen thing, so you can’t hold it down.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
171 Posts
There's a top secret menu :

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
Can’t even get into it on the MY20 the valet button is an on screen thing, so you can’t hold it down.
It's a 'soft button' (touch screen) on the earlier vehicles as well!
Like any touch device, just do a 'long press'.
Obvously software 'easter eggs' could well be different on a MY20.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Must be, tried touching it for nearly a minute & got nothing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Me too 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Should be 1-30 not just a minute-that will do it for you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
To be honest I thought the secret menu thing was a wind up. I did get into it but can’t see how it’s of any use whatsoever despite searching the forum. Can I really link a song to opening the roof blind? Bearing in mind I am useless at anything technical it would be great to out smart the other half 😜

1 - 20 of 26 Posts