Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deposit paid today.............................

I Looked at many similar size cars and nothing seems to give me the wow factor as much as the Evoque. I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

Moving from a Ford Kuga, which I can honestly say (in my opinion) was a fantastic car and excellent value for money, but there are lots of them around now.

Also, when you price a high spec Kuga it is not far off the cost of a Evoque..................

So Evoque it is.....................

Pure

2.2d 190 hp manual

20" Sparkle wheels, privacy glass, front fogs, panoramic roof.

Looking forward to the banter on the forum.................

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Ceebee

I 100% agree with you on the wow factor of the Evoque and that it is worth the wait. I have just sold my Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI which was a fantastic car and cost under £1,000 in depreciation in the year I had it. It drove like a Sports Car and got me through a cold snowy Scottish winter. I sold it because of the high fuel consumption (23mpg) and the high resale value, and of course because I wanted an Evoque. I believe that the Evoque will out performthe Q5 and will probably holds its value over 1 - 2 years.
I clearly remember the wow factor I experienced when I first saw the Q5 in the flesh, but the Evoque looks even more awesome (on film); especially with the 20" alloys. I cannot remember ever being so excited about a new car, as I am right now, waiting for my new Evoque. It looks so much better than the competition and you get much more car for the money, compared to the Q5 and the X3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deeker,
Thanks for the info above.

I did actually test drive a Q5 2.0 Diesel S-line and was amazed that the used ones actually cost more than brand new as people are not prepared to wait???

I just assumed that I wouldn't be able to afford an Evoque, but when the online configurator became live I "built" my ideal car and nearly fell off my chair when I realised that it was 3 grand cheaper than a Q5.

Taking into account that I would have to wait maybe 4-5 months for a new Kuga/Q5 I took about 10 seconds to decide on the Evoque because I know for a fact that if I bought a Q5 or Kuga I would be gutted when I see anEvoque in the flesh either later in the year or early next year.

When I bought the Kuga I was one of the first in the North East to get one and it was a real head turner and I had no end of people asking about the car.

I can just imagine the reception that the Evoque will get......................

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hi and welcome!

The Kuga is a great car, but you're right - they are getting common now, something I don't think you'll be able to say about the Evoque for a while judging by the delivery dates being mentioned on here!

I've never been too sure about the Q5 - or Audi's really. The design is good but then the A3 looks the same as an A5, Q5, Q7, R8 etc. They just got too lazy with the design for my liking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts