Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody hope everyone is looking forward to driving there new car soon. I am off to a unleashed show in Nottingham tomorrow. Seen about 30 + Evoques being delivered to, they all look great guys. Hopefully going to take some photo's. Can anybody help answer a question for me? On our order form it only says expected delivery date? Is this the build date? Or when i will be receiving the car? Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Chris,
Have you been given a build date?

If not have you been advised of possible delivery? if so then this will be your expected delivery date as per your dealer order and not the factory order dates etc

If your order has been submitted to LR then you should have a build sheet of your car with a build date if not ask for one

Based on your question sounds like you have built your spec with your local dealer and placed your deposit with an estimated delivery date

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mortz thanks for the reply. We placed a deposit to pre-order our evoque on the 12th March, this receipt had a expected delivery date of 22nd September. We chased and chased and didnt hear anything so we went in to our dealer again and they had a launch evening in july which we went to so we could spec our car which we did. They gave us a vehicle order form with the car we selected plus all the extras we have asked for. This now on the top right had an estimated delivery date of 31st October?? Can you help. What should i do? Thanks again Mortz

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ok...have they told you " right Chris your car is slotted for build on such a such a date"?
Can I ask you what your have ordered?....TD4...SD4 or Si4

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No they havent Mortz, is this bad news? Ordered a 5 Door 2.2 Dynamic SD4
They have done non of the running but thought once we went in and confirmed car they made out that we will see them when the car is delivered?
Thanks again for quick replys

·
Registered
361 Posts
No not bad news at all..... nothing wrong in what you have ordered...TD4 build slots will be delivered from Jan 2012 hencethe reason Why I ask for what engine you went for

Offical specs came out about the time you went in and finalised your car...I would not be too concerned about expected build and delivery dates based on what you have ordered...each dealer would have been allocated their cars in june/july for deliveriesfrom sept onwards...depends on where you are on the list as in " who ordered b4 you"....as long as you have a good relationship with your providing dealer they should keep you in informed................nothing worse than sitting in the dark....the key here is make sure your dealer keeps you updated even if its just a phone call....I wish you good luck

·
Registered
361 Posts
Off to bed now b4 the misses gives me some grief....she needs some warming up
.....probably tell me what time do you call this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest, will go see the dealer tomorrow. Also looking forward to tomorrow as me and my wife are off to the nottingham unleashed event! Anything i should ask or do while im there tomorrow? Any advise. Thanks again Mortz. I think everyone on here work order there evoque with you. Good knoledge. Thanks again

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ok so the misses is not having none of it !

Thanks for your kind reply......my motivation on this forum is to help and assist in all things evoque...I hope i have been of some assistance...I know I may have fried some brains in talking to a few of you over the phone and appreciate afew of you are looking for some guidance in terms of spec and " have I choosen the rightcar etc " before official launch and customer deliveries... its a bit like " dad what should I do? "....hope my guidance has been of some help to you all

My work here is nearly done...well 16 days away at least....."it's been emotional " heard that in a film...I believe vinny jones said it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts