Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!!

This is my first post here, I have been lurking and reading posts here, as I have been planning to place an order on an Evoque. At Christmas time we were told it would be a 3 month waiting list, we phoned on Friday and were told it would be 2013 now if we booked one.

The dealer then told us that one had came in but the driver had to drop out of the sale for financial reasons, and asked us did we want to come and see it. So we went today.

It is...

Pure SD4 Automatic
Firenze Red Metallic
19" Diamond Turned Alloy Wheel - Style 5
Body contoured solid roof in red

Options
Tech Pack
Front Fog Lights
Spare Wheel

I was going to order the Prestigue in Lime green, with panoramic roof in contrast white, privacy windows, and a few other extras that are not listed.

I actually really liked the red when I seen it!! Im just a bit gutted it doesnt have a panoramic roof with white contrast. The other extras I can live without and the privacy glass I can get added.

SO - what would you do????

Get the red one THIS WEEK!!!!

Or wait one year for the one you really want?

I do really like the red one though............ im 95% taking it, just have a few wee niggles in my head as it is such a big investment and I wish it had the roof I wanted.

What would you do???

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Julz

·
Registered
186 Posts
You could have the roof wrapped or re-sprayed white, but I am unsure if a pano roof could be fitted. I am sure you could find someone to do it, but as for cost???

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wait was less than 3 months, ordered in December. I can't see it taking as long as they, so maybe a sales ploy. Ring a few other dealers at random and get a better idea of waiting lists. I would wait if you're not 100% as you may regret it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't pay 30k plus for a motor that is not the spec you want, You won't have to wait more than 5 months . So order the car YOU want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would consider buying the red one and ordering the 2013 car. It will hold a great deal of its re-sale value. Here in Chicago, one new car is listed by the dealer for $3,000 over list price because of the demand. You will get to drive an amazing vehicle for a year, and anyways you can't see the color when you are driving. Most likely you will wind up keeping it, but if you don't, the dealer will beat your door down to re-market your Firenze a year from now. (A bird in the hand....)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your opinions everyone.

I am going to call around other dealers tomorrow and get an idea of what the waiting list is for other dealers (my local dealer said they have met their allocated quota for 2012) and see what other ones say. If I have to wait longer than July then I am going to get the Red one.

In the summer I think I might order another one in the spec I want for 2013! Im sure the resell value will be really good. And by that stage my husband and me might be fighting over who drives the evoque and we might want 2 ha ha :)

The thought of having one THIS WEEK just gets me so excited, I dont think I can wait......

·
Registered
63 Posts
The dealer is telling you 2013 because he wants you to buy his car. If you shop around you will find other Landrover dealers who have rather less vehicles on order and you will be at the top of the allocation list sooner - maybe a 6 month wait realistically speaking.

That said - the Pure on offer is in a good colour with most of the right toys and has been suggested a good bodyshop could paint the roof for you. If I was in your position I'd buy it - you will have the 'Evoque experience' earlier and if you still love it after 6 months then order a Prestige to your specification.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
My dealer has offered us several new cars, but no Pano roof, we were really tempted, as our wait is 9 months, but we turned them down in order to get the car we specified, whilst frustrating I know the wait will be worth it.

I doubt you will have to wait until 2013, don't place your order until you have rung around a few other dealers to see what their waiting lists are like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One other approach would be to put your name with dealers indicating your preferences and try to snag a vehicle being shipped without a specified owner. We did that and got a call about a vehicle for which the dealership had just received notice of shipment. We wanted a white Prestige with parchment interior and the vehicle coming is a white Dynamic with black panoramic top and headliner, parchment with ebony interior, shadow chrome 20 inch wheels, plus nearly every other option. I immediately gave the dealer a deposit because at it turns out this more rugged vehicle was better suited to our needs in Montana. It is due in two weeks. Of course the dealer assured me of a deposit refund if I did not like the vehicle indicating that he had a very long waiting list of buyers but called me because He knew i had made up my mind and could decide instantly providing a deposit without further thinking.

So rather than making a big compromise why not put your around with dealers and assure them of an instant deposit if they have something very close to what you want coming in?

·
Registered
43 Posts
A respray of the roof I would say is an option but I am unsure if you would get an after marketpano roof fitted.
If it met my specific requirements I would go for it as this is a physical vehicle and available now.

Personally though, I would ask different dealerships aroundto see what their lead time are and go for something which completely matches your requirements.

From my experience the ordering processappears that there is a holding pool of accepted orders from all dealerships. JLR then give out allocations to each dealership (not sure how often and how many but it seems change between them). Dealership then attaches one of their orders to one of JLR's allocations at which time you seem to get a build date and "N" number.

My timings so far are:

Ordered: 14 Sep 2011
Build: 3 Feb 2012
Arrived at Dealer: 27 Feb 2012
Collection: 8 Mar 2012 (crossed fingers, toes etc etc)
Estimated: Late March / Early April

Edited by: mhorton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts