Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post on this forum. Ordered my Prestige SD4 5 doorlast week, and given early April as a possible delivery date !!!. My first Range Rover, and impressed with the couple of test drives I had.

Did not like the auto. It constantly is changing gear, even when you just want a little bit more power on the motorway, up and down the gearbox searching for the appropriate gear. Luckily I do not have a daily commute, or regular heavy traffic in North East Scotland, so I have ordered the manual. Plus I should save 5/6 mpg and less tax.

Just been told by the dealer that I cannot have the £90 rear air vents I ordered as they only come with the £2200 rear entertainment pack !.

Look forward to posting on the forum.

Deeside

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are right about the auto, you can find yourself in the wrong gear for a given situation. I have the same issue on my current FL2. On the FL2 you can use the optional command shift which isn't ideal as you have to take your hand off the wheel to shift gears. The Evoque has a far easier to use paddle shift, I deliberately took a cross country test drive to test the shift and can report that it is a huge improvement. You can make it hang onto your chosen gear making sure you have 'drive' available at all times. I bet you don't miss the commute?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redbikerat,

Many thanks for your comments about the auto gearbox. I test drove a couple of Evoques with the auto box, but did not try the paddles. If it had been my decision alone, I might well have gone for the auto, but my wife was consulted andshe prefered a manual, and as we are going down to one car between us, I had to compromise. !!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts