Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All... I am going to test drive an Evoque Dynamic on Wednesday with a view to placing an order :)

Anybody got the SD4 and what's it like to live with, I've watched reviews but be interested to get an owners view.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the SD4. Weekend of little adventure in it as I wouldn't let the boys get in with their muddy rugby boots! Today I took it for a little spin and had to wait in a car park for a while. Two noteworthy points:-
1. The stereo system is excellent - so much so, I attracted an audience to sing along
2. 5 people came over to me in the car, told me how beautiful it was and started going on and on about the wheels!

More importantly, my little journey gave me the opportunity to drive it on the M25 post rush hour and give it a little tickle. I am now a happy camper. I 'abandoned' a 4l 350bhp for this Baby RR and did spend a day wondering if I could ever manage to accelerate at speed again. That fear has now been allayed! By the return, my consumption was >30mpg which I expect to get higher again when the engine gets used to itself.

Very comfortable 'user friendly' car, it cost me £80 to fill instead of £149 and I suspect it will be cheaper to put through the hand car wash

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the SD4 pokey when you need it to be.. I will be coming from a 240BHP Leon Cupra K1 to this. I do like to bury the right foot when the mood takes.

I know they are 2 different types of car but it's nice to have that poke

·
Registered
74 Posts
Er yes - foot to the floor it does the job you need it to! I don't think you'll notice a massive difference - crank it into sport quite a bit and use the paddles. I also put a boy racer in his place which was nice......hope the insurers don't read this!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Disagree on that one, no way will this give the same shove in back as your 240bhp Leon Cupra!
Suggest you test drive before buying, lack of performance is the reason I'm not buying!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi hammie
Why don't you try the si4 petrol ? Give you same bhp as seat Leon I came from Clio 3.0 v6, BMW M3 and tsi scirocco and petrol was advised due to more bhp and what cars I had before !!
KevEdited by: kevoque

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info.. I know it's not going to have the same poke as my Leon but as long as it has some get up and go then that's all I want. I considered the si4 but I am doing more business miles now so the sd4 is looking more attractive for me.

I've driven the TDV8 Range Rover And my worry was is the 2.2d going to feel a little limp. I guess I'll find out tomorrow :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
RBD914 if you read my previous post, you will see I had come down from 350bhp and so if anyone was going to notice a change - it was me. I have noticed a change, I didn't deny that - but it is liveable and it is also about circumstance and needs/wants i.e hammie is now doing more business miles (like me!) and so the petrol engine just isn't an economical option.

Thing is, I'm just not sure the Evoque is a boys car anyway (have I upset everyone now!?!)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hammie, I have just "traded down " from a 3.6TDV8 RRS to the SD4 and I was worried about the loss of poke. OK you don't get the punch in the back when you floor it at 70 on the motorway but on the twisty stuff the RRE can outpace the RRS. And for 40%+ better mpg I can live with that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Now Dan.....I have been going on about this for weeks as we did every BMW we had before 'however' will chipping affect the strange All Terrain systems etc????? If not, who would you recommend going to!?!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well had my test drive and while the SD4 is not a patch on the Leon speed wise it was a very nice place to be.

Very impressed with the build quality and the kit that's in there. Got the dealer working some numbers for me at the moment with the view to placing an order tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts