Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre.



I'm
glad to see that you're all getting as excited about the Evoque as we
are here. What's your favourite thing about the Evoque? For me it has
to be the panoramic roof. I think it's going to great in the summer,
it'll just allow the light to flood through.




Regards



Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Hi Nick,


I probably shouldn't say this but I think that the price of the pure is my favorite thing?



I always assumed that the Evoque would be well out of my price range, so I dismissed it and was thinking of getting another Kuga (mine is 3 years old).



With the amount of standard features on the Evoque Pure and thefull leatherinterior/general design/excellent reviews, it is simply a no brainer for me as I would have to pay very, very close to the cost of the Evoque if i was to upgrade the Kuga to a similar spec. I have even had enough to add a few extras such as 20 " wheels andpanoramic roof



Also, the panoramic roof on the Kuga 3 years ago was a £600 option. Now you can only get it as part of one of the packs (Individual pack i think) and this is £4000. No chance!



Roll on December................................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
One of my least favourite things is the cost of the black headlining option. I don't understand why it's as much as £250 more than the standard white/cream one.


I'm also disappointed that, according to the manual I have,the Tyre Pressure Monitoring does not display the actual pressures in the tyres (as it does in two other cars I have), only a warning ifthe pressure goes low. There's also the small matter that on the Evoque, the option costs £405, on an Audi Q3, it costs... £85.



Edit: Even Porsche only charge £437 for the option on a 911 and that displays the pressure in each tyre in bar. Sorry, but the Evoque option is low function and over-priced. I think I'm going to delete it from my order. Pity, because I think it's a useful thing to have.
Edited by: mark_n
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ceebee said:
Hi Nick,


I probably shouldn't say this but I think that the price of the pure is my favorite thing?



I always assumed that the Evoque would be well out of my price range, so I dismissed it and was thinking of getting another Kuga (mine is 3 years old).



With the amount of standard features on the Evoque Pure and thefull leatherinterior/general design/excellent reviews, it is simply a no brainer for me as I would have to pay very, very close to the cost of the Evoque if i was to upgrade the Kuga to a similar spec. I have even had enough to add a few extras such as 20 " wheels andpanoramic roof



Also, the panoramic roof on the Kuga 3 years ago was a £600 option. Now you can only get it as part of one of the packs (Individual pack i think) and this is £4000. No chance!



Roll on December................................


Hi Ceebee, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The spec you've ordered sounds great. December? Is that when your delivery is scheduled for? I'm sure it'll be here before you know it!

You have a panoramic roof in your current car, so you're definitely a fan then?

Regards

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mark_n said:
One of my least favourite things is the cost of the black headlining option. I don't understand why it's as much as £250 more than the standard white/cream one.


I'm also disappointed that, according to the manual I have,the Tyre Pressure Monitoring does not display the actual pressures in the tyres (as it does in two other cars I have), only a warning ifthe pressure goes low. There's also the small matter that on the Evoque, the option costs £405, on an Audi Q3, it costs... £85.



Edit: Even Porsche only charge £437 for the option on a 911 and that displays the pressure in each tyre in bar. Sorry, but the Evoque option is low function and over-priced. I think I'm going to delete it from my order. Pity, because I think it's a useful thing to have.

Hi mark_n,



I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the Tyre Pressure Monitoring on the vehicle.



What's the spec of your order and when is your delivery scheduled for?



Regards



Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Nick


Si4 Coupe Dynamic, Indus, Black panoramic roof, Ebony interior/headlining



Build Date 04/11.



I assume this is more to do with the software in the driver display because the TPMS hardware made by Continental and Siemens VDO will certainly transmit the actual pressure and temperaturefrom the wheel to the car, not just a good/not good indicator and the software will determine whether the pressures are above the minimum pressure. I think the central display software should display these actual pressures for each individual wheelto allow the user to get positive feedback to confirm all is well instead of relying on the "no news is good news" of the current design.



This is all the more important in a car which is liklely to be driven harder, such as the Si4 which has been well reviewed in Autocar this morning.



I'd keep the item on the order if there was the prospect of more information being displayed through a future software upgrade but, as it stands, it's a pretty low rent system for the priceand the only way I can get LR to wake up to the fact is by removing it from my order.



I have the system in two other cars - at a comparable price -and it's VERY useful to be able to keep an eye on the actual pressures in each of the tyres, especially since even a small amount of under-inflation can lead to differential tyre wear and a slow puncture is likely to be detectable long before the warning appears.



One for you to take away to Product Management maybe? I'm surprised Mike Cross let this one through...



Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Just done a letter to Mike Cross on this issue. He may not be the right person but might be willing to rattle a cage or two. As I pointed out, the downside of his identity and involvement being known is that he gets letters from people like me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre.

I'm glad to see that you're all getting as excited about the Evoque as we are here. What's your favourite thing about the Evoque? For me it has to be the panoramic roof. I think it's going to great in the summer, it'll just allow the light to flood through.


Regards

Nick


Ummmmm an even more magical experience during the night time...driver watches the road in front...passengers look up !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
337 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre.



I'm
glad to see that you're all getting as excited about the Evoque as we
are here. What's your favourite thing about the Evoque? For me it has
to be the panoramic roof. I think it's going to great in the summer,
it'll just allow the light to flood through.




Regards



Nick

Hi Nick,
Good to see you on the site and hopefully you'll hang around as I think we'll all find it useful having you here.


Cheers
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre.



I'm
glad to see that you're all getting as excited about the Evoque as we
are here. What's your favourite thing about the Evoque? For me it has
to be the panoramic roof. I think it's going to great in the summer,
it'll just allow the light to flood through.




Regards



Nick

Hi Nick,


We've all been ogling the beautiful picture coming from the Press events. A lot of them have the Evoque in what we've all now established is Stornoway Grey, which we've also gathered is no longer available to order.... or is it? I've now seen a few posts on different forums seeming to indicate that Stornoway may be available again.


Can you plse confirm if Stornoway is available again. If not, can you perhaps find out if it will be returning, and if yes when?


I'm asking since I know my order that went in (yonks ago) had the colour option marked as code 907 (this being the LR colour code for Stornoway) but on the recent ordering guides I've seen that the code 907 is still used but the description is now Orkney Grey.


Personally I prefer Stornoway and if my order happened to be painted in Stornoway i'd be very happy, however I doubt
. But... if available again, I think I may have a couple of weeks to get changed.


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be
out of the office for just over a week so I won't be reviewing the
posts on the forum during this time.



If there is anything that you would like me to look at I'm more than
happy to do so when I return but please send me a message to my inbox
so that I don't miss it.



Speak to you all soon.



Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Hi Nick


As you are fromthe Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre can you tell everybody why it is like pulling teeth trying to get a prduction slot out of a dealer.



Surely the factory has an advanced production schedule that can be booked inot no matter if the date is next year. Dealers are putting off potential customers by not givingproposed dates, and driving people back to BMW or Audi. BMW currently have problems producing enough X3's but still quote long actualdelivery dates.



Best part of the Evoque, the sloping roof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
marcus said:
Hi Nick


As you are fromthe Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre can you tell everybody why it is like pulling teeth trying to get a prduction slot out of a dealer.



Surely the factory has an advanced production schedule that can be booked inot no matter if the date is next year. Dealers are putting off potential customers by not givingproposed dates, and driving people back to BMW or Audi. BMW currently have problems producing enough X3's but still quote long actualdelivery dates.



Best part of the Evoque, the sloping roof.


Hi Marcus,


Without wanting to get into a debate...Could you advise of your derivative? TD4 ...SD4...SI4..?

LR have a planned / staged release date for all derivatives which have been documented

Based on what I already know perhaps we could give you some guidance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
marcus said:
Hi



Placed an order for Pure (tech pack) 5 door TD4.
Cheers


Marcus
Ok....based on your spec i'e TD4 will go into production from November 2011 with 1st deliveries from Jan 2012 onwards....alli can say is
1. Your dealer should be up to date with this schedule

2. Depends where you are on their list of depositers for your derivative

3. Looks like you have spec't up and ready to go

4.your dealer should work through the list once the order call opens

5 .if other depositershave not spec't before you then they will and should move through thier list

6. I can only comment on my own experience as above....it has worked quite well as long as your dealer has advised or at least made a phone call to you.



I do wish you Good Luck




Edited by: Mortz
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top