Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux 2.0 5dr 2013
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bet you wished you'd never asked, hope they're open all day.
No no I'm glad I asked. I've always said I'd rather have someone who knows what they are talking about me tell stuff than my try and be all man like thinking i know about all cars and can just know what's wrong with a little kick of the tyres

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Steveo
Welcome to the EOC!
Best to ask before you buy rather than find out later, it is a 7 year old car after all.
Any items that aren’t spot on, on your twenty grand Evoque should be fixed or negotiate for a better price.
Great comments above, check all of them.
See if it has the Spare and a jack or the gunk and compressor, they may swap to a spare wheel which is the preferred option on here!
Check all door locks. All lock and all open as expected, inc fuel flap.
Check the brakes, seem to wear discs and pads and can easily be inspected through the wheels.
Check the paintwork and piano black trim for scratches and swirls.
On you test drive run through all the dynamic driving modes.
And .....Get them to fill it up with petrol :)
Good point about the spare wheel over the other crap that one completely skipped my thoughts. Is there anything i should be looking for when testing out the driving modes or just that they all seem to work?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great spec car, high price but if everything is top notch should be good. I would
Look at the tyres, they should all be top branded and good tread depth. If not someone has been skimping on costs.
Will do thank you for the tips

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I see the MOT runs out next month. Get them to get it done first, you want more than 4 weeks!

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Lovely thanks, been waiting for the last 4 days for pictures of this one to be added so i could try and compare looks for price. Not a fan of the red but wanted to see how similar they was for price so that's really helpful thank.

I've noticed there is hardly any petrol ones for sale 2nd hand at least. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I see the MOT runs out next month. Get them to get it done first, you want more than 4 weeks!
Morning, Thanks for the response.
Yeah they say it will be completely serviced, have a mot and valet before taking it.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,431 Posts
Check the tailgate alignment as the plastic cover on the lock part on the bottom of the tailgate looks scuffed. Might have been done and only the plastic cover not been replaced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Check the tailgate alignment as the plastic cover on the lock part on the bottom of the tailgate looks scuffed. Might have been done and only the plastic cover not been replaced.
Are you talking about in the picture that has a close up of the boot close button because that is a very very impressive spot sir as I can see what you're talking about

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Are you talking about in the picture that has a close up of the boot close button because that is a very very impressive spot sir as I can see what you're talking about
I can’t!

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts
Yes, left hand side of the picture. My tailgate had to be aligned and the plastic cover looked like that one. Very common problem

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
He was going but he couldn’t see the shop 🤔

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX Waitomo grey Manual
2,080 Posts
I noticed last night it has scorpions all round so thats a good start, i'd also add check for corroded discs especially rears, check all door locks work, check folding mirrors fold, on the test drive check the dynamic works, TV, sat nav, check for and noises from the rear when reversing and watch out for clunks from the gearbox when selecting or flat spots hesitation when pulling out junctions

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I noticed last night it has scorpions all round so thats a good start, i'd also add check for corroded discs especially rears, check all door locks work, check folding mirrors fold, on the test drive check the dynamic works, TV, sat nav, check for and noises from the rear when reversing and watch out for clunks from the gearbox when selecting or flat spots hesitation when pulling out junctions
thanks for the info. I'll check discs and pads, doors and locks are on the list, mirrors folding added, tv and sat nav. not overly sure what to look for with the dynamics or is it purely checking that it works in them modes(?). noises from rear when reversing, interesting I'd never have thought about that. not sure I could tell what's would be classed as bad clunks or flat spots and stuff but i guess if it doesn't feel or sound right that's a start.

Starting to think i should have done this post a few days ago and paid someone off here to come down with me and set the salesman straight lol

·
Registered
MY13 dynamic 190 5 door - firenze red
102 Posts
my dec13 dynamic 2.2d with 24,⁰⁰⁰mls on it 3 months ago cost a bit less than 19 with full jlr history.new tyres and 12mts warranty.
it seems wayyyyy too expensive
i thought i paid way too much!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
@Hanger17 They didn't sell many petrol Evoques in the UK back then, so they are quite a bit more money - if you can find one!

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts
thanks for the info. I'll check discs and pads, doors and locks are on the list, mirrors folding added, tv and sat nav. not overly sure what to look for with the dynamics or is it purely checking that it works in them modes(?). noises from rear when reversing, interesting I'd never have thought about that. not sure I could tell what's would be classed as bad clunks or flat spots and stuff but i guess if it doesn't feel or sound right that's a start.

Starting to think i should have done this post a few days ago and paid someone off here to come down with me and set the salesman straight lol
Dials turn red in Dynamic and suspension and steering firm up.

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts
Try it in Sports mode too for improved Throttle response

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Just thought of another.
Check the SD card is in the car for the satnav.
They often get nicked.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts