Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux 2.0 5dr 2013
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Brand new member looking for a bit of help quickly.
I'm going to look at a Evoque tomorrow to hopefully purchase. Its a 2013 Dynamic Lux 2.0 Petrol. The car has done around 64,000 miles which is a little over average. I don't do a great deal of miles hence the petrol and also that will hopefully bring down the miles/year average.
Basically wondered if people have any tips on things to look for or questions to ask and also what kind of price I should be paying. At the moment its up for just under £20k.

Any help anyone is willing to offer would be brilliant and i thank you in advance

From hopefully a new owner of an evoque

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,452 Posts
Hi and welcome, not many petrol Evoques on the second hand market. Check the petrol tank shield as they all rust and it's not cheap to replace due to the amount of labour involved. Also service history, should have been serviced avery 12 months.

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
137 Posts
Hi and welcome - is this the car you're talking about?
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux SUV 2.0 Automatic Petrol | eBay
Does seem expensive to me - I bought similar spec car including mileage from dealer 18 months ago for £2500 less. Mine is diesel, so don't I know how much difference this makes.
Make sure you have a good warranty plus service history and any other extras they can offer - wheel and tyre damage cover etc.
Have a good look underneath for rusting fuel tank shield and sub frames - they were never well protected items.
Obviously test drive and make sure everything works as it should.
Good luck,
Rob.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Make sure everything works and I mean everything. Ensure the reversing and front cameras work if it has them. They are £360 per camera on mine to replace and there are several. The dealer (independant not main) had to replace the front one. Check underneath for rust. They can be quite bad but then it is a Land Rover 🙈 Not sure as yours is a petrol but the cambelt and water pump are due as 7 yrs on a diesel at cost of approx £500. Again the dealer did this for me at their cost.
Also the Haldex requires a service every 40000 miles at a cost of approx £150 if Bell Engineering (Bewdley) are doing it. Have a look on their website for common faults and bear them in mind when taking it for a test drive.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi and welcome, not many petrol Evoques on the second hand market. Check the petrol tank shield as they all rust and it's not cheap to replace due to the amount of labour involved. Also service history, should have been serviced avery 12 months.
Haha, we must have been writing at the same time.
Rob.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. i'll make sure to check the shield and ask about any service history they have

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and welcome - is this the car you're talking about?
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux SUV 2.0 Automatic Petrol | eBay
Does seem expensive to me - I bought similar spec car including mileage from dealer 18 months ago for £2500 less. Mine is diesel, so don't I know how much difference this makes.
Make sure you have a good warranty plus service history and any other extras they can offer - wheel and tyre damage cover etc.
Have a good look underneath for rusting fuel tank shield and sub frames - they were never well protected items.
Obviously test drive and make sure everything works as it should.
Good luck,
Rob.
Evening and thank you.
Yes that is the car i'm talking about although i found it on autotrader. didn't want to post any links in case not allowed.
I've notice petrol seems to be a fair bit more than diesel which is annoying but I don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel.
Thanks for all your tips and input hopefully all goes well and I can get a good deal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure everything works and I mean everything. Ensure the reversing and front cameras work if it has them. They are £360 per camera on mine to replace and there are several. The dealer (independant not main) had to replace the front one. Check underneath for rust. They can be quite bad but then it is a Land Rover 🙈 Not sure as yours is a petrol but the cambelt and water pump are due as 7 yrs on a diesel at cost of approx £500. Again the dealer did this for me at their cost.
Also the Haldex requires a service every 40000 miles at a cost of approx £150 if Bell Engineering (Bewdley) are doing it. Have a look on their website for common faults and bear them in mind when taking it for a test drive.
Thanks for the reply and all the little bits to check. will keep them all in mind and as questions about as many as I can

·
Registered
206 Posts
Make sure there's no damage to the pano roof glass, VERY expensive to replace.
Power steering rack failure is also a worry on an Evoque of that age if not already replaced (check the pinned threads on main message centre).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure there's no damage to the pano roof glass, VERY expensive to replace.
Power steering rack failure is also a worry on an Evoque of that age if not already replaced (check the pinned threads on main message centre).
Check pano with fine tooth comb. Pray to good power steering doesn't fail and see what kind of extended warranty i can get.

Thanks

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Re. Steering comments.
Remember LR pay for 'fix on failure' so shouldn't be too much of a worry.

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,530 Posts
I've notice petrol seems to be a fair bit more than diesel which is annoying but I don't do the mileage to warrant a diesel.
I don’t know where you live but Euro 5 diesels are getting cheaper nearer to London as they will cost to go inside the North circular road from October next year. Re the cameras, check that all 5 work if it’s a Dynamic Lux. One rear, two front and two under the door mirrors. Check them on 'extras' in the menu. It does seem a tad expensive to me. Also, you have the TV in there so make sure there is a set of whitefire Bluetooth headphones in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don’t know where you live but Euro 5 diesels are getting cheaper nearer to London as they will cost to go inside the North circular road from October next year. Re the cameras, check that all 5 work if it’s a Dynamic Lux. One rear, two front and two under the door mirrors. Check them on 'extras' in the menu. It does seem a tad expensive to me. Also, you have the TV in there so make sure there is a set of whitefire Bluetooth headphones in there.
I'm from london well Hayes to be specific so next to heathrow. Problem is I don't do a great deal of miles. Work is less than 2-3 miles from my home and i don't really do many long journeys except to the football which is round the north circ to tottenham and thats not even happening at the moment with covid.

Thank you for taking the time to respond very new to all this range rover business

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bet you wished you'd never asked, hope they're open all day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok thank you not as much of a worry as first thought then
Power steering failure refers to the mounting bolts that can corrode and sheer. As far as I'm aware this has only happened when vehicles are stationary or almost stationary - when there's most leverage or force put on them.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,040 Posts
Hey Steveo
Welcome to the EOC!
Best to ask before you buy rather than find out later, it is a 7 year old car after all.
Any items that aren’t spot on, on your twenty grand Evoque should be fixed or negotiate for a better price.
Great comments above, check all of them.
See if it has the Spare and a jack or the gunk and compressor, they may swap to a spare wheel which is the preferred option on here!
Check all door locks. All lock and all open as expected, inc fuel flap.
Check the brakes, seem to wear discs and pads and can easily be inspected through the wheels.
Check the paintwork and piano black trim for scratches and swirls.
On you test drive run through all the dynamic driving modes.
And .....Get them to fill it up with petrol :)

Reactions: Col_C

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
165 Posts
Great spec car, high price but if everything is top notch should be good. I would
Look at the tyres, they should all be top branded and good tread depth. If not someone has been skimping on costs.

·
Super Moderator
12,452 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,452 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts