Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone help me to understand the
meaning of the following symbol in my dashboard. Can’t figure this from the owner’s manual. I am using an Evoque 2017 HSE dynamic Lux, UK spec. Symbol looks like two cars side by side. Not sure what it is. Thanka

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The symbol looks a little different than our MY13, but I believe it is showing which seat is occupied, and if the seat belt is fastened for that seat position. Green fastened, red seat occupied, but seat belt not fastened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The symbol looks a little different than our MY13, but I believe it is showing which seat is occupied, and if the seat belt is fastened for that seat position. Green fastened, red seat occupied, but seat belt not fastened.
Oh sorry, the one I meant was near to the top. Just beside the 50Km/hr symbol and speed. It could be related to no overtaking as whilliam mentioned

·
Registered
148 Posts
Maybe >>>>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You all were absolutely correct. It’s a no overtaking zone sign. I don’t remember this sign, probably evoque saw it and I didn’t. Still good to know. Thanks everyone
  • No Overtaking Zone: When a no overtaking sign is detected, the system also displays a corresponding sign in the message centre.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Strange that you wouldn't recognise it. Does this sign not exist in UK and Ireland? it is very common in continental Europe.
(Unless this thread is supposed to be a joke?)

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
265 Posts
Probably a joke, as the poster only joined 3 hours ago........ but, and there's always a but, politeness costs nothing but a little effort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I was in an impression that you could ask if you don’t know something. Not getting judged by the questions. And everyone has to start at one point.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
265 Posts
Krish, ask whatever and whenever, I'm sure you'll get some sensible answers along with the others.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I did read somewhere that the car will also pick up the "No Overtaking" sign as well as speed limit, but in the same way that the cameras for the speed limit can get it wrong once in a while, the car might have seen something it interpreted as no overtaking.
Nothing to worry about though.
:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Probably a joke, as the poster only joined 3 hours ago........ but, and there's always a but, politeness costs nothing but a little effort.
Well, I was in an impression that you could ask if you don’t know something. Not getting judged by the questions. And everyone has to start at one point.
I wasn't judging anyone - merely a bit surprised that such a sign would not be known, I thought this kind of sign was international. OK, I haven't been to Ireland (yet), have a lot of Irish friends though, and we planning a trip there later this year - so my question was genuine in the sense that I'd perhaps need to catch up on specific driving laws I'd be unaware about.

Apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings by what might have been misjudged by a lack of politeness... happy Saturday everyone... peace and love ?

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
OK, lets settle this.
I drive 45,000 Miles a year, have been driving since I was 17, I am now 58 years old- I too wasn't sure what that symbol was until recently-there is no shame in not knowing some of this stuff.
I also still don't understand Millimeters, centimeters, Kilometers etc etc I still work in lbs, feet, Inches, Miles etc
am I wrong?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just to settle - like you say - I didn't intend to judge anyone. I was genuinely surprised, that's all. I guess I had wrong assumptions about the universality of some road signs. And - I apologised, and am OK with that - hopefully OP will accept my apology and we can move on. :)

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
No worries, Macounette-I agree that in theory we should as drivers all know these symbols-clearly we don't.
I have worked in some African nations that don't even have a road policy at all-aim and go-even in towns and cities-now thats a worry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No worries, Macounette-I agree that in theory we should as drivers all know these symbols-clearly we don't.
I have worked in some African nations that don't even have a road policy at all-aim and go-even in towns and cities-now thats a worry.
Thanks Maffy - actually when thinking about it I'm sure there's loads of signs worldwide we are all unaware about. Last month I drove by myself for the first time in the US - rented a car and drove around 60 miles to my destination - and there were also some unusual road signs, usually rectangular shaped with a lot of text on them. Each country is different, but I thought Europe in general (as a continent) was somehow the same, hence my mistake. I'll be more careful in future! No more assumptions. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wasn't judging anyone - merely a bit surprised that such a sign would not be known, I thought this kind of sign was international. OK, I haven't been to Ireland (yet), have a lot of Irish friends though, and we planning a trip there later this year - so my question was genuine in the sense that I'd perhaps need to catch up on specific driving laws I'd be unaware about.

Apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings by what might have been misjudged by a lack of politeness... happy Saturday everyone... peace and love ?
No Worries macounette.. Just woke up and saw lot of traction on this post. Glad to see people understand each other and respect. Have to say this is one of the best forums. Cheers!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts