Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks

Have recently joined the forum having just ordered a new Evoque from Williams Manchester. Looking forward to involvement in discussions when time permits and you can put up with my occasional, inane questions. This will be my fourth Land Rover in succession having previously owned a Freelander 1 Kalahari (c. 2003), Freelander 2 HSE i6 (2007), Evoque SD4 Autobiography (2017). I’ve just bought this one from the same salesman that sorted us out with our Kalahari nearly 18 years ago. Am venturing (with some trepidation) into the PHEV world. I’m also a fan of MGFs and (proper) Minis - both of which I’ve had a couple of in the past and plan to re-acquaint myself with at some point - in fact most things British built. Have been told to expect delivery of new Evoque in March/April. Am about to arrange fitting of 7kw home charger. First few questions if I may:

• How long is the public charging cable supplied with a P300e?
  • I’m likely to go with a Pod Point charger; any experience of these please?
  • What is the maximum charging rate of the P300e, will it go above 7kw?
  • Is lane keep assist of great benefit?

(Sorry, appreciate that these questions are a bit specific!)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Welcome 👋 exciting times ahead 👍
Sadly I can’t help you with most of your questions, but I’m sure someone will be along shortly with more experience of the PHEV’s that can.
I do have a pod charger that was fitted free under a gov. Initiative a few years ago, but it’s not been used yet.
The lane assist, there are two modes, one which actually steers the car back into the lane if it sees you crossing lines “by accident” and the other gives a steering wheel judder to warn you.
The problem with the steering back into the lane is that if you don’t indicate soon enough when changing lanes such as overtaking, you find yourself wrestling with the controls as it’s trying to steer you into the back of the car you’re overtaking. (Indicating tells the car not to intervene).
After a few worrying experiences, I settled on the judder warning as a better option.
Lets hope your car turns up on time, and that they have sorted their supply problems by then so there are no delays for you. 🤞

·
Registered
P300e Autobiography; Nolita grey; HUD; detachable tow bar/assist; massage seat; fogs; ioniser;
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome 👋 exciting times ahead 👍
Sadly I can’t help you with most of your questions, but I’m sure someone will be along shortly with more experience of the PHEV’s that can.
I do have a pod charger that was fitted free under a gov. Initiative a few years ago, but it’s not been used yet.
The lane assist, there are two modes, one which actually steers the car back into the lane if it sees you crossing lines “by accident” and the other gives a steering wheel judder to warn you.
The problem with the steering back into the lane is that if you don’t indicate soon enough when changing lanes such as overtaking, you find yourself wrestling with the controls as it’s trying to steer you into the back of the car you’re overtaking. (Indicating tells the car not to intervene).
After a few worrying experiences, I settled on the judder warning as a better option.
Lets hope your car turns up on time, and that they have sorted their supply problems by then so there are no delays for you. 🤞
thanks for your response on Lane Keep Assist, that’s helpful.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
275 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

A couple of questions which I’ve not yet been able to find relevant threads for on EOC:

On my 2014 Evoque the key fob’s rubber covering started to peel away. Do owners think the same will happen with the key fob on a 2021 model? Or have LR improved the design and durability of the fob? Any pictures of the 2021 fob would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have a 12V socket in their boot and is this factory fit or after-market?

Williams Manchester have told me this week that delayed very is predicted end of March so have started the countdown.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,028 Posts
I had a 12v socket in the boot of my 2016 model . (cigarette lighter type socket)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,610 Posts
Thank you

A couple of questions which I’ve not yet been able to find relevant threads for on EOC:

On my 2014 Evoque the key fob’s rubber covering started to peel away. Do owners think the same will happen with the key fob on a 2021 model? Or have LR improved the design and durability of the fob? Any pictures of the 2021 fob would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have a 12V socket in their boot and is this factory fit or after-market?

Williams Manchester have told me this week that delayed very is predicted end of March so have started the countdown.
I can't say if the design has improved - but I can recommend this silicone key cover - it both protects the case and makes it non-slip :)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I have a 12v socket in the boot. MY20 key fob.....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Whoever

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yes it was standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts