Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just come home after ordering our Evoque - only meant to look but got carried away! We have ordered a 5 door petrol Dynamic in White with Verve black and red interior. So far have only added the panoramic roof but were wondering if the LUX pack was good value. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sounds like If you felt it was good value then you would have probably gone for it

if not

Go for keyless entry and privacywith powered tailgate and shadow chrome finish 20's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest we have not done much research yet but wanted to get an order in before the launch. Will firm up on the spec when we have actually seen and driven it in September. I know that I want white exterior and sunroof, will decide on the rest later.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Lux Pack saves you a small percentage (10-15) compared to ordering the items individually, which is fine if you want all the items in it. Some might have a wow factor but prove less useful in practice (parking and blind spot aids) but only you can decide.

Keep in mind glass roof is fixed, it doesn't slide open which is one area where the Evoque trails, eg, the Audi Q3. I expect LR will introduce a sliding roof at some point but the fixed glass roof will play an important role in stiffening the body so it's not completely certain.

Personally, I think privacy glass looks a bit spivvy, the powered tail-gate will be handy. Good you've gone for petrol and dynamic, you get the Magnaride as standard which I think is under-rated here.

It will be good to wait to decide. What delivery are they quoting? I think petrol's are on shorter lead times because they are less popular.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice. We have never had a diesel car, dont dohigh mileageand wanted the better acceleration, hence the choice of thepetrol engine. The dealer did say that we might get it slightly earlier as they are less popular but still thought it would be February at the earliest.

Agree with your comments about the LUX pack. I am not bothered about parking assist or privacy glass so I think that I need to go through the list and decide which extras I really want - might be easier to do this when I can actually see them in operation. I guess that there is no real rush at the moment as we will be someway down the waiting list!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm sure there will be lots of "Is X option worth it?" which will provide additional input to your deliberations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts