Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Let me introduced myself, just joined having ordered an evoque yesterday. I would have ordered a couple of months ago but had work issues which meant i had to wait. Anyway these issues were sorted last week so i decided to take the plunge and order.

Unfortunately the delay has cost me waiting time as its predicted between jan-mar 2012. As the evoque is at the top of what i would want to spend on a car I have ordered a 5 door pure spec in white. 150 hp diesel 4x4 manual. Option wise have kept it simple with front fogs, automatic wipers/lights and a spare wheel.

Now I have a dilemma, my current daily driver is a vw scirocco and i have a vx220 for sunny days. My choice is to keep the scirocco and part ex it on the evoque (undoubtedly getting a poor price) or possibly to stick it up for sale now when its worth maybe 15.5 - 16k on a private sale and then if it sells use the vx220 as a daily driver until maybe november when i would buy a cheap snotter for daily use until the evoque arrives. This is my favoured option at the min as i feel it might save me some cash.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!

Must admit if you've got the option to sell privately I would head down that route, could get you a couple of extra grand and not really that much more hassle.

Downside is a potential 9 month wait driving something everyday you wouldn't really want to? I don't think you would lose much money buying a cheapo car and running it for a few months.

Dan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Evoque (Future) Owners Forum

I ordered my Evoque last year and confirmed my spec. the day the prices were released. I have now been given a delivery date of November 2nd for my Pure 5 door 190 SDI Auto. in white. My options were those whichimprove the car's appearance; 20" alloys, privacy glass, front fogs & zenons. Add in a couple of low cost techy extras (auto lights & wipers) together with power folding mirrors (an absolute necessary for garage parking) and I am not too far away from a Prestige model and £5k to the good.

I had a similar dilemma to you, as my last car was a Q5 which I decided to sell at 1 year old and restrict my lossto under £1k. I believe the Q5may since have dropped by £3k in the 2 months since I sold it. I bought a second hand low cost car (Fiesta 1.25 Zetec) to run over the summer in the hope that it wouldn't drop too much in a 6 month period. The trouble is that I miss the size and power of the Q5 and I am not certain if I did the right thing in not holding onto it until the Evoque arrives. Why did I sell the Q5? - Cash in on its high residual value, being a petrol model it was far too thirsty (23mpg); but most of all - I fell in love with the Evoque from the moment I saw the pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts