Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic p250
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
please see attached table .. so I am reducing from 360 odd ppm down to 1 ppm, I use 2 vessels as its a way of extending the resin life
hope this helps as it works for me .. also to note i checked a fresh sample from the vessel and the result was zero ppm .. this is a way of checking the resin efficiency

Capture 22.JPG

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Also this is the tds meter that I use ... beware of the cheap ones as some of them are very poor fake copies and very badly calibrated .. I was recommended this one and get very good repeatable results, you can also get a calibration solution if you wish very cheaply to complete your own calibration ... so will test some rain water in my area of Essex just to complete the data

Capture 23.JPG

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Love it .... bit of a racket in the evening :ROFLMAO: .. plus in my case would blow all the water droplets onto my black evoque :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S 2020 model - Volcano Grey
55 Posts
Also this is the tds meter that I use ... beware of the cheap ones as some of them are very poor fake copies and very badly calibrated .. I was recommended this one and get very good repeatable results, you can also get a calibration solution if you wish very cheaply to complete your own calibration ... so will test some rain water in my area of Essex just to complete the data

[/URL]

View attachment 8524
I use these vessels with normal hoselock connectors .. make sure you purchase empty and get the resin separately

Many thanks, Kaspa 👍

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Any more questions please ask as I am off to wash my F Type ...... :)
IMG_20170518_155846653.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Love it .... bit of a racket in the evening :ROFLMAO: .. plus in my case would blow all the water droplets onto my black evoque :rolleyes:
It’s quiet actually and my Jag is black (check my sig photo at the bottom) 😁

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So I think for this post me pretty much finished .. unless anymore questions ? otherwise will move on to other topics
very best regards to all (y)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
One question, how do I persuade swmbo that it would be a good idea for me to spend another £100 on stuff to clean the car with 🤣
I have looked at these systems before, but having tentatively broached the subject with my OH, and seen the expected response, I just ordered a new drying cloth instead ☹

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
One question, how do I persuade swmbo that it would be a good idea for me to spend another £100 on stuff to clean the car with 🤣
I have looked at these systems before, but having tentatively broached the subject with my OH, and seen the expected response, I just ordered a new drying cloth instead ☹
You can clean her car as well plus all your house and conservatory (if you have one) windows would be spotless .... just got in from cleaning my jag and water still 0 ppm

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Plus you could get the mans math calculator out and would be a long term cost saving instead of other cleaning products that would not be required

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Are you free to come round and have a chat with my Mrs 🤔🤣 You might want to bring a crash helmet & running shoes.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Btw that F type is awesome 👍

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Hello all

last piece of water data .. so from last night both water butts are full so just out of interest measured the PPM
the result was 68 ppm for rain water annd today from our kitchen tap 404 ppm !! so hence why rinsing your car with rain water you get less water spots when dry ..

all the best

61 - 75 of 75 Posts