Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Our water in Yorkshire is so hard I sometimes have to break it up to wash the car 😀

Reactions: AllanG and XZ4

·
Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic p250
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry folks

Had a bad day .... no excuses I know, perhaps I am just not cut out to talking to strangers on a forum perhaps I mis read the posts .. :confused:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Apologies to 4WD ..... But I find the DI vessels no hassle plus I use to clean all my windows and conservatory plus the other 2 cars that we own. Once you have the vessel the resin refills are very much cheaper and last me approx 12 months .. so a few pics of the evoque after the final rinse its works for me ...

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
and mine is a black car the worst colour to notice water spots .. other colours like silver a lot more easier to hide etc

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I have ordered some special forum medication .... to keep my rants to a minimum (sorry phil )

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S 2020 model - Volcano Grey
55 Posts
Kaspa.....Can I ask which DI system and resin are you using, and do you just connect it for the final rinse after washing the car?

Cheers, Allan

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hello ... moving some house bricks at the mo ... will reply later (y)

·
Registered
2018 HSE DYN LUX 290A Black Pack
129 Posts
Kaspa - no worries. Times are hard currently....short fuses are expected in this climate.
My interest comes from my brother who is obsessed with detailing and constantly drones on about water purity and certain chemicals...blah blah.
It helps too, if one has a leaning towards OCD :oops:
4WD

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks 4WD for being understanding ....

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I will update this post later as my TDS water meter has arrived so will be conducting some experiments ... TDS = total dissolved solids and we measure this in a PPM value, for example 0 ppm is pure water with no impurities

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So some results

My tap water is 364 ppm ... so this is extremely hard water (lots of streaks)
Bottled spring water = 161 ppm
from my di vessels . 1 ppm it was zero initially but their is a 1 % tolerance on the meter

also I have just cleaned our windows with the water

Attachments

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Also make sure you have the correct resin as my 1st purchased I made a mistake and ordered the wrong stuff

MB-151 resin is specially formulated for hard water areas. Regular resin (MB-115) would become a lot less effective very quickly, as the contaminants in the water would wear it out a lot faster. MB-151 meanwhile is designed to function correctly even with the worst possible water qualities. It can also be used in areas with good or average water qualities without fault. So ordered 115 but should have gone for 151 .. so I wash 3 cars and our house windows normally lasts be 12 months

I order 20 litres or 2 - 10 litre bags as a 25 liter bag is just a little 2 much for both vessels so you get some resin wastage

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
So I do a initial wash down with normal water .. then I fill the bucket ( 2 bucket method) with di water and then wash then rinse with di water .. some people I know use the DI vessel for the whole process and not use mains water at all .. please fire some more questions if needed

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
so more info ... I started cleaning my car today with a bucket of 0 ppm water ... while washing and using the same bucket the PPM was 50 ppm as contaminants (TDS) are now in the water .. this is why car detailers use the 2 bucket method and window cleaners just complete a fresh rinse with continuous treated water

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S 2020 model - Volcano Grey
55 Posts
Many thanks for the info, Kaspa, but can you also let us know the make and model of the DI vessel and connections you are using?

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
I bought a small hand held cordless De Walt hand blower, to blow the car dry. Gets in all the nooks & crannys, stops drips from behind the mirror glass etc 😁

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
plan of the uk .... water hardness

Attachments

·
Premium Member
149 Posts