Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic p250
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
DI Units work by converting normal tap water into deionized water which can then be used to completely clean glass and paintwork with no spotting, often negating the need to use towels to dry. some change colour when the resin has been exhausted .. but some use a PPM meter. so when you rinse your car it has no impurities hence no marks and streaks .... a pure natural alternative to tap water is rain water .. google is your friend, professional window cleaners use this method and numerous car and bike detailers

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,873 Posts
Are you saying rain water is purer than tap water then?
Rainwater won't create limescale spots as it hasn't had a chance to pick up minerals from the ground.

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Rainwater won't create limescale spots as it hasn't had a chance to pick up minerals from the ground.
finally someone who understands the concept ... :geek:

·
Registered
2018 HSE DYN LUX 290A Black Pack
129 Posts
So some questions for you?
How do you check for contaminants/pollutants/acid in the local rainwater?
What do you store it in to prevent contaminating the 'pure' rainwater?
If you wash the car with detergent to clean it - how do you prevent contaminating the mitt with minute grit particles from the dirty car? (Without using the two bucket method)?
Deionised water is best used to rinse the car because the PPM of contaminant is reduced to a minimum - but this costs money for the kit......is it really worth the hassle?
Best long term solution is ceramic coating...no need to worry about faffing about with rainwater and DI kits ever again!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
If you wash the car with detergent to clean it - how do you prevent contaminating the mitt with minute grit particles from the dirty car? (Without using the two bucket method)?
Deionised water is best used to rinse the car because the PPM of contaminant is reduced to a minimum - but this costs money for the kit......is it really worth the hassle?
Best long term solution is ceramic coating...no need to worry about faffing about with rainwater and DI kits ever again!
for christ sake .. just trying to help, . why don't you do your own research ... well don't use them then its your choice, why do I bother !!!!! ... do what works for you ! these sort of posts finally reminds me why I should close my account down, . give me strength !!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry ..... question for you ! I can not be bothered to answer any of you stupid questions ! .. please do what you are happy with .. are you selling ceramic coatings by any chance ?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
tell you what ... please moderators can you please close my account !! as its reminded me why I have not posted for a while ... I can't be bothered !!!!!! with idiomatic comments like this from unhelpful so call forum members

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
and finally

So some questions for you? ... leave me alone !!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
can some one please close my account asap ....

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
go away you boring forum troll **** wit ..... please just do what you want

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
can someone please ban me and close my account as soon as possible !!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hey Kaspa, I see you are back on the F-Type forums as well.
As regards this one, I don't think any malice was intended so maybe chill out a bit on this one?
I use an inline filter for the final rinse to help avoid water spots.
It's down to hard water depending where you live.
As things warm up the car can dry faster than you can dry it and with tap water in hard water areas that can leave spots which are a pain.
Using a filter gives you a bit more time to dry the car and stops the dreaded spots.

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
I didn't read any malice in 4WD's post either.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I actually thought he was asking relevant questions & expressing an opinion about ceramic coating. I have never used a DI system, but I have had ceramic coatings in the past, so I too am curious at the efficacy of the DI system.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It really depends if you have "hard water" where limescale in things like kettles is a problem.
When I was a youth in Cornwall there was no limescale so washing cars was simple.
I don't think it matters what coating you have on the car as you can still get water spotting if you leave tap water to dry on the surface if you are in a hard water area.
My filter is just a single job and as I only use it for the final rinse it lasts about 20 washes.
I no longer have to worry about washing it on a sunny day and having the water spot issue.

hard_water_map1.gif

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
No hard water areas in Scotland :)
Hard water.png

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S 2020 model - Volcano Grey
55 Posts
...but as it’s nearly always raining in Scotland, it doesn’t really matter if the tap water is soft or not haha 🤣🤣

21 - 40 of 75 Posts