Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic p250
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello happy to be back
brief update .. our Evoque is still going strong with no issues (68 plate petrol HSE dynamic p250 black)
but now happily retired since June last year .. straight into COVID :rolleyes: .. but very sad my partner lost her mum to the virus a few months ago .. but she is getting there a little bit more up beat the last few weeks .. so will update some evoques stories later

all the best

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Welcome back and to the retirement club (I retired over 20yrs ago!!) (y) (y)

Sorry to hear about your partner's mum but hopefully it won't be long before you can fully enjoy your Evoque again.
I've only used mine twice since the end of November(n)(n)(n)

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back and to the retirement club (I retired over 20yrs ago!!) (y) (y)

Sorry to hear about your partner's mum but hopefully it won't be long before you can fully enjoy your Evoque again.
I've only used mine twice since the end of November(n)(n)(n)
many thanks ...

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts
Hi & welcome back sorry to read the sad news though

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Hi Kaspa, welcome back. Sorry to hear of your sad news. Far too many people have had the same news. We can only hope things are getting better, but that’s no consolation for your partner.
Hope your HSE is behaving itself 👍

·
Super Moderator
9,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kaspa, welcome back. Sorry to hear of your sad news. Far too many people have had the same news. We can only hope things are getting better, but that’s no consolation for your partner.
Hope your HSE is behaving itself 👍
many thanks .... the evoque has been perfect, no issues and the little ones that we did have have been rectified very quickly by my local dealer .. yes very pleased with her

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello

Washed the Evoque today with my little gadget .. but can never work out if the vessels should be emptied after use ? the latest info I have is leave them full of water when not in use otherwise the resin will dry out ? any way have gone down the road of 2 DI vessel setup and yet to install a TDS (ppm) water meter :)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pleased with the results today which was fairly sunny ..

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think a PPM meter (inline) would be good as always aiming for 0 ppm .. as a backup I use rain water for the final rinse :)

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque, 2LT ED4, SE Tech, Black with White Leather Interior & Privacy Glass
51 Posts
Love the colour, same as mine

Do you use any polish or wax to get it looking so shiny

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Brizzle ..... no this is just a water rinse via the DI Vessels

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Plus I never use Chamois leathers .... just dry naturally hence less paint swirls and scratches

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Yes, rain water is great for the final rinse.
if I know it’s going to rain I get my wife’s Audi and my Evoque out, give them a quick wash and rinse. Then, hopefully it rains for their final rinse👍

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, rain water is great for the final rinse.
if I know it’s going to rain I get my wife’s Audi and my Evoque out, give them a quick wash and rinse. Then, hopefully it rains for their final rinse👍
Yes .... our little secret, rain water has a very low PPM when not contaminated with volcanic ash etc

·
Registered
2018 HSE DYN LUX 290A Black Pack
129 Posts
Are you saying rain water is purer than tap water then?

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque, 2LT ED4, SE Tech, Black with White Leather Interior & Privacy Glass
51 Posts
Good to know then, just wash it and leave it to dry, but not in direct sun light

1 - 20 of 75 Posts