Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just stumbled across the owners club, good to see!

Both my wife and I are long term Landrover fans and as a result we were invited along to the unveiling of the original LRX concept car way back in 2008. We duly ordered two that night and paid the deposits as well. I suspect that we are pretty close to being the first to order them and we have been told that we were indeed the very first to order one. At that stage there was no commitment to actually building the car but my wife was adamant that she wanted one and made that point well known to Landrover's UK MD........

I have to say that Landrover have been great over the last couple of years. We have always been kept up to date with the developments and we had early access to all the marketing materials and to the price list before it came out. Our orders were firmed up in March although I have subsequently completely changed mine (from 3 dr Dynamic in Firenze red). They are now both identical 5 door Prestige in silver/ambiance with a few extra toys on them. We know the build dates and we know when we will be getting them - due to my change of heart mine will arrive a couple of weeks later now but my wife is due to get hers on 1st September - about 3 years to the day from placing the order.

Anyway, we are getting all excited in the run up to it. I was in NY last weekend and managed to get along to the commercial shoot - I will post a link to the pictures I took in the sightings section.

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds great. Very jealous as I have to wait till October for mine. Must admit not been over impressed with dealership although I am new to the brand...but should that make a difference?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

You are right, it shouldn't make a difference. However, it is all down to people and if you get the wrong attitude in the people there then you don't get good service. The dealer we use is Guy Salmon in Knutsford and I have great service from them - their sales team are very attentive pre and post sale which can be unusual. This will be our 6th pair so I guess that they know that if they look after us well then they will keep getting our business.

Cheers,

Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts