Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a pre-delivery hello from me.

I got the long awaited call that production is complete and delivery expected this week on my Si4. I've been waiting since August and it seems like forever.

I've been an active member on other clubs and forums and im looking forward to some meets and banter here

·
Registered
133 Posts
waiting since August........... lucky guy! I get mine this week and have been waiting since 1st April!

·
Registered
133 Posts
bizzynemo, if you an't get any dates from your dealer try going to LR direct. I was given a date at the time my order went in, although it was delayed just over 3 weeks! Have you not even had a date yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Caroline, Unfortunately i have had about 5 or 6 dates from customer relations and my dealer. The dealer i ordered from was taken over on 2nd Dec by Listers, so i have e.mailed them too, no reply yet though. My latest date was today, when i rang this morning they said its in transit. God i hope so. Have you got yours now? complete with vouchers and hamper i hope........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hiya I hope it all goes well for you, my fingers crossed! What a really bad dealer/LR experience you have had! Mine arrived at dealers this afternoon........going to see tomorrow......but can't collect until Saturday, but well excited! Would like to know how you get on.

·
10,626 Posts
Great news Caroline, So you are going to peak(peek).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great news about collecting your car. Just wondered if any of you had the telephone number for LR Direct UK that you guys called to get your build date?? My dealer isn't much help?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks guys. My build date was given when my dealer put my order in. If you haven't got a build date then your order either hasn't gone in or you are in the holding pool. The dealers are limited to numbers of orders each monthly allocation and it depends where you are on your dealers waiting list as to when yours will go in! You could try ringing LR the numbers on their web site and complain to them about your dealers lack of response and communication which is what I did back in June - they said they would contact my dealer - the very next day my order was put on the system! Apart from the 1st salesman I had (who departed employment shortly after) my dealers have been extremely efficient and have always kept me informed at every stage. Keep pestering them for answers or you will be waiting forever! Good luck guys!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think i am making progress, customer relations rang today. My car arrives at my dealers tommorow. All being well will be with me weekend.......... FABULOUS. WAHOOOOOO. So me and caroline will be very happy ladies this weekend...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roll on tomorrow, I visited the dealers yesterday and my Si4 had just arrived. It's going through the dealer checks today and I'll be driving it away on Friday.

I've got a nice 200 mile round trip to B'ham and back planned so I'll be posting first impressions at the weekend.

Despite all of the delays I have to say I've been impressed with the dealer service and communication and I would recommend them.

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've updated my sig so hopefully the spec will show under this message now.

Just a few hours to go now, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve !!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know how you feel Big Dave I pick mine up at 2pm today! I couldn't sleep last night was so exited!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well another happy lady here! Just had call. Collecting gorgeous red Dynamique at 1pm. Can't wait. Best wishes to other lucky folks. Enjoy! I intend to!

·
Registered
81 Posts
As you might expect, car is fab! How cool is the light puddle with evoque in it? The car is just amazing - worth waiting for. It has so many cool features. Husband thinks I am so sad, but hey I love t!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the six month waiting list is maybe more of a publicity gimmick from LR . Lots of dealers seem to have ' cancelled orders' , whereby it seems the order was not accurate etc .... I had quite a lot of choice of different evoques ( ok maybe not every variation) . I don't think the LR dealers are allowed to sell over list price , so I picked mine up yesterday - 4d dynamic lux pack with the spec I wanted ( bar tyre monitoring
) for face value.
Bit of a LR fan- I also have a vogue and a defender 90- but whilst the vogue will always be the king of the road, I was astonished how well the evoque drove. Really chuffed with it.

·
10,626 Posts
jimbobarelli

I don't quite understand your post.

Have you ordered a car and it has been delivered, or have you bought a car from dealer stock, which is rare?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jimbobarelli, I think you are one of a very lucky minority. I checked most of the Essex dealers when ordering mine and all of them had a limit to how many of each engine configuration could be pre-ordered; all of the slots were taken and I ended up travelling to Kent to place my order.

It does seem odd that build slots are being sold and used vehicles are selling over list, when a dealer has stock on the forecourt?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts