Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Buckingham Blue 4dr Dynamic Evoque reporting duty, SIR!

Only seen 5-6 Evoque in HK so far but HK Dealer says there will be more to come in next few months. demand is huge globally so buyers will have to wait for longer time. Lucky that i am among those who got it from the first batch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi BIGT,
Just wonder you already got your car driving or just received the confirmation from Inchcape Sales? 2012 made? BTW, let's gather all special offer from the salesman. Mine one he only offer me $2k discount on the car [email protected]"@...nothing else!

Mine one is Dynamic 2 doors white / black roof/ pursuit

Thanks,

siukeung

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi lauwy, there are only 2 versions offered by HK dealer, Pure and Dynamic. Pan roof is standard of both version. buyer can order any option that is available but will have to wait for longer time.

siukung, mine is dynamic 4 dr, blue/white roof/pursuit. I got mine in Dec 2011, been driving for more than 2months already. I didnt ask for any discount tho...yes, should get most owners to get together if possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds cool BIGT ching, I just too hesitated to get a car at the end of the yr....even when resell couldn't care much. So called, "buy early enjoy early, later buy got discount".

Mine one should be able to take this Friday....I'm thinking to build a HKG Evoque forum for tech discus or group buying...like the "Dirt blocker" for the wheels? Taobao is selling at YMB ~$500 4 pieces.

I heard people can change the gear from P to R freely when driving or press start/stop on the go....sounds horrible isn't it?

BIGT said:
Hi lauwy, there are only 2 versions offered by HK dealer, Pure and Dynamic. Pan roof is standard of both version. buyer can order any option that is available but will have to wait for longer time.

siukung, mine is dynamic 4 dr, blue/white roof/pursuit. I got mine in Dec 2011, been driving for more than 2months already. I didnt ask for any discount tho...yes, should get most owners to get together if possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, getting car end of dec is sort of dumb by using local standard but i needed that urgently so i couldn't wait for longer time. I remember i also got the another car end of dec last year but not because of anything, just wanted it asap..hehehehee...

a local forum to shares, discuss about the car and suggest mod, group buy is definitely a good idea....

did you mean from R back to P while driving? let me ask my wife, she drives it daily tho...if this is the case, i will tell her to pay extra attention on it then. Thanks anyway.

please post pic of your car once arrived!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
BIGT said:

Here you go!

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=604&t=2630629&last=34418482

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
siukeung said:
BIGT said:

Here you go!

Nice color. My friend's car will be delivered today or tomorrow. Samecolor combo(ext/int) as yoursbut his is a 4 doors. Maybe we can come out to shoot some nice photos together!?

·
Registered
12 Posts
BIGT said:
siukeung said:
BIGT said:

Here you go!

Nice color. My friend's car will be delivered today or tomorrow. Samecolor combo(ext/int) as yoursbut his is a 4 doors. Maybe we can come out to shoot some nice photos together!?

Do you have FB? Let's showcase! [email protected]

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Siukeung, BigT,

Over in UK, the Evoque is priced £29k upwards depending on the model and configuration. How much is the Evoque in HK?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Kahlup,

In HK, only Pure and Dynamic Si4 available. Pure costs HKD668k(4drs), 688k(coupe). Dynamic costs HKD768k(4drs) and 788k(coupe). Way more expensive than UK but we don't have choice as the extra we paid is tax.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hahaha! Trust the dealer to come up with "668" - Prosper all the way! That's not too bad - it works out to be £53k or S$106k. So you are paying extra £24k in taxes.

In Sgp, this same car goes for S$300k and above! LOL!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea...lot of friends in SG complaining about it but still see lot of nice cars there tho. In HK, 115% tax on original price. i paid GBP300k for a Rapide here

·
Registered
472 Posts
In Sgp, the Govt charge 175% tax on the import price of the car. The new buyer will need to bid for a Certificate of Entitlement (CoE) before they can buy a car. The CoE currently cost S$93k and they only last 10 years for 1 car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heard that from friends who live there too...not sure if this is a good solution to reduce number of cars but definitely not working well in HK at the moment...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Kelvin, the Evoque is not famous for its fuel economy. Straight answer - yes, it drinks!

But you do get lots of power from its turbo-charged engine going 0-100kmh in 8 sec.

IHM, it is definite an object of desire. I have many envious friends.

Check out my gallery pictures and specs on the grey Evoque.

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/the-wait-is-over_topic2074.html

Edited by: Kahlup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Evoque owners in Hong Kong!

Went round to the showroom last week to place an order, only to find out the wait would be 3-4 months...

Couldn't wait that long of course, so deciding to buy the dealer configured model - which is already here.

4 door prestige, 2.0 petrol in black with brown leather seats

Currently, they're offering 2.5% fixed financing for up to 5 years. Seems quite a reasonable rate.

Should be able to pick it up once registered etc in about 2 weeks.

Looking forward to getting to know other owners here in Hong Kong :) How many of you are out there?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Saeed, you will love it! After two months, I'm still taking my Evoque out for a ride whenever I can. Such a joy!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts