Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
314 Posts
Hi It is the same year, body and interior as mine, but mine is diesel.
It looks very nice. It has had a few things done to it to make it look like a black pack, but I think they did not arrive until late 2013 and had a few more bits as well.
It looks like someone has spent some money on it and the tyres from what I see are top brands which is a good sign that it has been someone’s pride and joy.
I would definitely go through the service history with a fine tooth comb and get an HPI check. (The dealer HPI won’t give you the guarantee).
I would suggest a good check for normal stuff like accident damage, and also check the fuel tank guard to see how corroded it is, maybe a negotiating point as they normally rust.
I would budget for a transmission fluid change, front to back, (gearbox, Haldex, Diff and transfer gear), for peace of mind and maybe a sat nav update at £175. Also the battery if not recently changed £150.
Then check everything works and no hidden codes, (get a code read, the garage should be able to do it while you watch).
It looks nice, price seems fair for the year.
maybe someone within petrol experience can give some other gems and pointers on the engine?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,562 Posts
I agree with @Binty - roof rails and cross bars as well (y)

Reactions: Binty

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,977 Posts
Looks a nice car. Low mileage for it's age too. I think it's priced about right for a dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very kind. Did the 2012 models have any design issues that dogged this vehicle type ?
IE: Fuel leaks/transmission problems/exhaust/steering arm issues?
4WD

·
Registered
11 Posts
XZ4 -I see your jag! My son has an F-type R. 600+ bhp! in white and red interior. What a beast! The sound bellows miles away!!
4WD

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
2 door, petrol.
One of the very first ones in this style.

Some people like to have the very first new design when it first comes out, but I used to work for Lucas and remember them saying that a manufacturer can only test “so much”, then they throw it out to the public and see what “real world “ faults are reported in the first year.

my personal opinion only, but I’d look at, at least a 2013 car.
But that’s just my own thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys. I made an approach to the garage about this vehicle....sold within the week, it seems!
4WD

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi, the cars change with the model
year, not the calendar year. That car on a 12 plate could either be a 2012 model year or a 2013 model year. I don’t think there is much difference in spec. The first big change came on 2014 model
Year (mid 2013) with the 9 speed ZF auto with stop start but the Aisin Warner 6 speed is a good well proven box as well used by Volvo and many others since about 2006.
If you want to confirm which model year have a look at the 10th digit of the visible VIN number in the corner of the windscreen. If it is a C it’s 2012 model year, D 2013, E 2014.
I think at that age condition and history are everything.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks guys. I made an approach to the garage about this vehicle....sold within the week, it seems!
4WD

I was stil typing as well 😢

·
Registered
11 Posts
What year(s) was there a significant change made to the Evoque, that was of importance, IE: drive train / tax duty / more reliable engine / suspension mods / fuel consumption, etc etc.
Not really interested in any bodywork or facelift changes...
Between years 2011 and 2017 inc.
Thanks in advance guys.
4WD

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mine is a 2016 and has the new 9 speed automatic transmission.
There are much more knowledgeable people on this forum though, that’ll be able to give you a full rundown.

·
Super Moderator
12,977 Posts
9 speed auto was fitted from late 2013 when the MY14 cars came out. Next bigger change was late 2015 for MY16 when they changed a lot including new seat pattern, New lights, 2.0 litre ingenium engines etc. 2017 models came out late 2016 and have wide screen sat nav without the buttons down each side.

Reactions: JackJ

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,562 Posts
Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
66 Plate - 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
106 Posts
... 2017 model cars have the larger screen sat nav which can be upgraded to in clude APple carplay and android auto if thats your thing....
or not as the case may be 😕

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
12,977 Posts
Sorry. Widescreen on Dynamic models up but not on SE Tech.

·
Registered
66 Plate - 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Auto
106 Posts
Sorry. Widescreen on Dynamic models up but not on SE Tech.
even SE Techs from the second half of 2017 were favoured with the right wiring it seems

·
Super Moderator
12,977 Posts
I thought the widescreen was an optional extra on SE Tech

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | 4WD | Auto
203 Posts
Reactions: XZ4
21 - 40 of 47 Posts