Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the useful information I’ve already found on this site.
I’ve just purchased a 2016 (66 plate) HSE Dynamic Lux (TV. 360 cameras. Self parking etc) with just 7k miles on the clock (owned by Lister’s JLR themselves)
I should be picking it up next week and I can’t wait to get behind the wheel!
I’m sure that once I’ve got it, I’ll have many questions, and looking for advice on here.
I’ll post some pics on here when it arrives.
Thanks again, and looking forward to being a member.

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Hi and welcome.. will look forward to the pictures.. enjoy..

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX, Volvo 850R
2,312 Posts
Oh no not that red one from listers in Solihull, OMG!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it’s called Firenze metallic with the Black Pack.
I lived in Morningside many years ago (beautiful part of the country, and wonderfully friendly people)
You must get some snow up there!
Hope the car will cope with a good 6” of the white stuff!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,031 Posts
Hi and welcome. Firenze with the Black pack looks superb. Enjoy when it arrives

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Just some teasers until the proper ones come

Looks lovely

Reactions: Geoffs125 and XZ4

·
Super Moderator
8,779 Posts
Nice one. Welcome from me too, Happy New Year & motoring (for you!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Happy New Year to you all. Newbie on the block and wish to dive straight in for obvious reasons....I want an Evoque!
Problem is that after shortlisting it from various other serious contenders, I now find that all the reputable publications (what car / AutoExpress / Express / TheAA etc etc, absolutely slate the model for reliability.
It came bottom of the What car reliability list:
Gearbox/electrics/steering/fuel leaks seem to rank as the main culprits.
Owners then find that when they liaise with JLR to resolve these issues - customer services are poor overall.

There is nothing better than to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, so I am asking for as many of you as possible to let me know the real truth about the Evoke - please!

My budget is between 20k and 30k and I want the highest spec with the most powerful engine. I understand there was a face lift in 2014. Are there any other periods in the history of the evoke to be aware of?

I am a petrolhead but my history lies with supercars (Maserati / Merc / BMW / Lotus)... but circumstances change and I now find I need a SUV to support my activities in retirement!

Thanking you in advance for your advice.
4WD

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,031 Posts
Hi 4WD and welcome. For MY14 there were some revisions , one being the 6 speed auto was replaced by the 9 speed. The First major facelift was late 2015 for the MY16 cars when the lights were changed front and rear. Also the 2.2 diesel engine was replaced by the 2.0 Ingenium engine. For your budget you would get one of the later models. If you do short journeys and can handle less mpg then try to find a petrol model as the 2.0 litre diesels don't like short journeys. A way round this is to give the car a Good fast run every few weeks. Petrol models are a bit thin on the ground as most sold are diesel. The 2 litre diesel comes in 150, 180 & 240PS. Autobiography is the top spec closely followed by the Dynamic Lux. 2017 model cars have the larger screen sat nav which can be upgraded to in clude APple carplay and android auto if thats your thing. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi and welcome.
I only joined myself yesterday (not literally!)
I too came from a BMW (320D M Spot).
I was tempted by a car from Saxton 4x4 but after reading many negative reviews I decided to pay a little extra and go with Listers Solihull.
My RR Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux should be arriving next week and I can’t wait!
I got a 2 year mechanical and electrical warranty and lifetime paint and interior warranty.
A similar car would be within your top end budget.
One thing I did take into account is Road tax.
I think it’s more for a petrol but not sure.
Anything from 2017 onwards is very expensive to tax, so you may want to allow for this in your overall budget.
I was offered a 12 month road tax on my car (£150), but opted for a 6 month tax and a full tank of fuel (just so that everything doesn’t come all at once at the same time next year.
Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys for your prompt responses. All taken onboard!

Could any of you comment on reliability issues please?

4WD

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Better than Maserati and Lotus thats for sure, they have their little tantrums every now and again with the odd warning light, sensor goes down, minor glitches but doesn't every manufacturer have the same, ours has never failed to start on cold mornings, its never broke down, its never needed anything between annual services other than tyres. My only advice is buy one from a main dealer - the 1 year approved used is worth its weight and can be extended, buying from non franchised or a back street dealer then warranties can become hit and miss

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Doink.
My maserati Granturismo was probably the best looking car I have ever seen. Reliable on the whole...a different league compared to the older gen maserati's. But when they do go wrong, you need a mortgage to pay for the repairs. EG: Wheel bearing: £1200. Sat nav controller (integral with radio console - £5k!!!
Warranties are essential if you want to run these beasts as you say.
My Merc (SL55 AMG.....absolutely reliable considering it is a massive computer system on wheels!
Nothing went wrong - ever!
That What Car write up on the Evoke has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons for me...but I am very happy to be proven wrong......

4WD

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
329 Posts
Hi, my Evoque is eight years old this month with 64k is on the clock, I am the third owner but have all the history from new.
It had a new door lock at 5 years old, (common issue). A new battery this year and the EGR valve also failed this year and was replaced at 61000 miles.
Absolutely everything works as it should, no warnings, no gremlins. So total repair costs over eight years are less than £1000 plus servicing and two tyres. (Still on two original tyres, now moved to front to try and wear them out.)
So my experience is good. 😀

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Hi 4wd, don’t worry too much they are a dantasyic car and like any other manfacturer they gave their ussues.
i did about 115,000 miles in three years with few issues——except-only joking.
overall a fantastic car but your right Mercedes are another level-but even they can gave problems.
ENJOY YOUR EVOQUE.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts