Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 D180 SE Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 years of an electric vehicle I recently decided to return to my combustion engine/Landrover roots and collected my 2019 D180 SE Evoque today from Landrover Hereford. Having done my first 60 miles I’m very impressed with the new Evoque set up, and look forward to putting away many more miles. Really great to have this forum, and I can see it will be very helpful over the coming weeks and months.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Welcome back to the ICE world👍 And to Evoque ownership and this excellent owner’s forum.

Your new acquisition looks great 👍👍👍

Reactions: RChis

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto Yulong White Black Pack Few Subtle Mods
1,578 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum and ICE Evoque ownership I'm sure you'll enjoy it and have many miles with smiles 👍
Great 1at post btw took time to brief spec and pics which is more than most do 😊😊

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum ... what did you come from? and what made you go back to ICE and not hybrid am intrigued .... great choice you've got there :)

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,142 Posts
Hi and welcome. Nice looking Evoque

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Welcome 🖖🏻 great looking car 👍 I am also interested in your reasons for going back to ice, as I am looking to go the other way next time 🤔

·
Registered
2019 D180 SE Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi and welcome to the forum ... what did you come from? and what made you go back to ICE and not hybrid am intrigued .... great choice you've got there :)

·
Registered
2019 D180 SE Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Came from a Tesla model 3 which was a company car, and a fantastic car in its own right. Decided to do my own thing for a few years and Evoque suits lifestyle better - rural, kids, bikes, dogs etc. Might head to the model Y at some point, but I think choice will significantly improve over the next couple of years. I wouldn’t consider a hybrid as a worthless token gesture for me personally as most of my trips are long - in my view all or nothing unless you’re based urban, or daily mileage is sub 15-20 miles. My wife has a hybrid Mini and the majority of the time she’s running on a very inefficient petrol engine.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Came from a Tesla model 3 which was a company car, and a fantastic car in its own right. Decided to do my own thing for a few years and Evoque suits lifestyle better - rural, kids, bikes, dogs etc. Might head to the model Y at some point, but I think choice will significantly improve over the next couple of years. I wouldn’t consider a hybrid as a worthless token gesture for me personally as most of my trips are long - in my view all or nothing unless you’re based urban, or daily mileage is sub 15-20 miles. My wife has a hybrid Mini and the majority of the time she’s running on a very inefficient petrol engine.
ahh ok .. we looked at the Tesla and went for the polestar in the end ...very different cart to the Tesla we have dials and buttons you can press lol ..... I understand though about the hybrid but it suits me for my daily milage ... and to have two fully EV's infrastructure is just not there ... :)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
4,064 Posts
Going slightly OT, but...
Kim Palmer was the previous PR Manager at Land Rover UK and he recently moved to Polestar UK to become their head of PR.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
PR is great with Polestar shame their cars aren't quite as good lol

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
1,199 Posts
Hi and welcome. 👍🏻

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
1,199 Posts
PR is great with Polestar shame their cars aren't quite as good lol
Interesting I am old school and think of Polestar as the Swedish tuning company squeezing that bit more out of T5 and D5 engines. Seems they are now just the brand name of Volvo’s Chinese electric factory or is Volvo now the brand of Geely? I am unsure. Whatever it’s just the same as using the Mustang or MG name for unrelated products.
Grumpy old man rant over …..😁

1 - 14 of 14 Posts