Evoque Owners Club banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the fan is now working!
I picked the car up this morning and had a chat with the service manager.
He told me that access to the fan is incredibly difficult on the LHD Evoque as it is within the bulkhead and can only be got to after removing the small access cover on the left hand side of the engine bay, reaching in back towards the centre of the vehicle and then through a small hole in the bulkhead, even then the fan is still lower down as it is in the RHD model.
Replacing the whole unit is a huge undertaking and would only be considered as a last resort so their normal approach to rectifying the problem is to free and then lubricate the fan in situ.
He said that they very rarely have to do this more than once on any of the Evoque‘s that come in with the same problem.
Reassuringly, he said that he’d checked the vehicles history, (They sold the vehicle to the original owner and have serviced it ever since) and no problems have ever been reported with the fan, so if I get another 3 years trouble free I’ll be quiet content.
The lockdowns over here have been incredibly strict and so the Evoque has been sat idle for sometimes weeks on end whilst we’ve been using our other car as a runaround, perhaps the moral of the story is to fire it up every couple of days and run the fan and other systems to be on the safe side.
As an aside, they tested the battery and as I suspected it wasn’t keeping a charge so they replaced it. An eye watering €325!
Still, everything is now running as it should and it was an absolute joy to open it up on the Autoroute and the country lanes back home.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had this same problem 2 years ago on my MY17 Evoque and ended up taking it in. As it was under warranty they replaced the fan with the newer replacement one. Today I took the Evoque out for the first time since before Christmas and guess what - the fan wasn’t working. I’ll have to do the stick trick tomorrow but I can confirm the replacement fan has the same fault as well unless the LR dealership didn’t actually replace it when they said they did 😔

·
Registered
2017 2.0 TD4 HSE Dynamic Auto
49 Posts
Mine has just started this issue , drove 50 miles with no heating . Set on 23c and cold air coming out, another new issue on my approved used car. Please advise someone, thanks .

Edit : apologies fan is working but no hot air.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well the fan is now working!
I picked the car up this morning and had a chat with the service manager.
He told me that access to the fan is incredibly difficult on the LHD Evoque as it is within the bulkhead and can only be got to after removing the small access cover on the left hand side of the engine bay, reaching in back towards the centre of the vehicle and then through a small hole in the bulkhead, even then the fan is still lower down as it is in the RHD model.
Replacing the whole unit is a huge undertaking and would only be considered as a last resort so their normal approach to rectifying the problem is to free and then lubricate the fan in situ.
He said that they very rarely have to do this more than once on any of the Evoque‘s that come in with the same problem.
Reassuringly, he said that he’d checked the vehicles history, (They sold the vehicle to the original owner and have serviced it ever since) and no problems have ever been reported with the fan, so if I get another 3 years trouble free I’ll be quiet content.
The lockdowns over here have been incredibly strict and so the Evoque has been sat idle for sometimes weeks on end whilst we’ve been using our other car as a runaround, perhaps the moral of the story is to fire it up every couple of days and run the fan and other systems to be on the safe side.
As an aside, they tested the battery and as I suspected it wasn’t keeping a charge so they replaced it. An eye watering €325!
Still, everything is now running as it should and it was an absolute joy to open it up on the Autoroute and the country lanes back home.
Your post regarding left hand drive cars has saved my sanity! I looked for hours at the wrong side of my US spec 2012 Evoque. I removed the strut support and the 5 plastic fasteners holding the cowl vent cover in place and was able to pry up on the cowl enough to see in and could see a metal diverter and by gosh there it was!!! Gave it a spin and all good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cant do pics as car gone out !

Back right hand of the engine bay, big cover with 4 fixings (covers battery) the fixings undo with half a turn and pull out.
Using a torch look downwards towards the centre of the back of the dashboard BEHIND a metal scuttle not in front (as I was for ages).
Look deep down (around a foot) you will see what looks like a ladder. The fan is a drum type with louvres on it not a bladed fan like on the cars radiator.
You literally just have to gently push it with a stick or similar and you're good to go.

Another very happy Evoque owner - THANK YOU. 😉

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cant do pics as car gone out !

Back right hand of the engine bay, big cover with 4 fixings (covers battery) the fixings undo with half a turn and pull out.
Using a torch look downwards towards the centre of the back of the dashboard BEHIND a metal scuttle not in front (as I was for ages).
Look deep down (around a foot) you will see what looks like a ladder. The fan is a drum type with louvres on it not a bladed fan like on the cars radiator.
You literally just have to gently push it with a stick or similar and you're good to go.
Hi Andy had the same problem this morning coat hanger and good poke hay presto

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, new to this site and been reviewing issues with the heater fan not working. Have tried to physically move the fan and also checked the fuse, no luck. Even charged the battery as it was low.
Read that there may also be a capacitor or something that can also be checked. Any idea where this could be and how to locate it and test.

Any ideas support much appreicated.

Dodge

·
Registered
2 Posts
In
Your post regarding left hand drive cars has saved my sanity! I looked for hours at the wrong side of my US spec 2012 Evoque. I removed the strut support and the 5 plastic fasteners holding the cowl vent cover in place and was able to pry up on the cowl enough to see in and could see a metal diverter and by gosh there it was!!! Gave it a spin and all good!
Could you tell me more detailed where you found it on LHD? I‘m not able to locate it…
Many thanks

41 - 53 of 53 Posts