Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
For this issue (MY16 Evoques onwards) the heater fan is changed if you are under warranty and things are improved to resolve this problem - water ingress.
See previous posts for more info.
Hi HmmmUK that's for the info.

Reactions: Shirl9863

Registered
I love the internet. The Evoque heater fan wasn't working. Looked up the fuse (recommended to be serviced by retailer only!!!) and it was OK.
Mmmmm lets check the forum and hey presto Heater blower

One fan working :)

The car had been standing for a week but has been used 2 or 3 times since so I'm surprised that 1, I didn't realise it wasn't working and 2, that the bumps of driving never kick started it.

Thank you so much 馃榾 car was sitting for just over a week and it had been raining heavily. Fan stopped working when I got in last night. Have tried this morning your recommendation and WOW, it鈥檚 worked!, took around ten minutes and saved me a small fortune had I taken it to the garage. 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you so much 馃榾 car was sitting for just over a week and it had been raining heavily. Fan stopped working when I got in last night. Have tried this morning your recommendation and WOW, it鈥檚 worked!, took around ten minutes and saved me a small fortune had I taken it to the garage. 馃憤馃徏
Great stuff (y)

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
He needs to clean under the bonnet of his car, it's manky :p

Reactions: PhilB

Registered
I love the internet. The Evoque heater fan wasn't working. Looked up the fuse (recommended to be serviced by retailer only!!!) and it was OK.
Mmmmm lets check the forum and hey presto Heater blower

One fan working :)

The car had been standing for a week but has been used 2 or 3 times since so I'm surprised that 1, I didn't realise it wasn't working and 2, that the bumps of driving never kick started it.
Hi! can u remeber where the fuse was located? have the same problem

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
Hi! can u remeber where the fuse was located? have the same problem
Probably won't be the fuse. Watch the video in post #25. He calls it the airbox but it's the battery cover.

Registered
Hi Guys. My blow heater stopped working. I had it booked in, to be looked at in January 21. I found it very difficult to drive as the windows were steaming up. Got fed up and typed in a few key words and up popped your forum. Followed your directions and hey presto it鈥檚 working again. Not sure which person gave the information to the forum, l would like to say a big thanks. James

Registered
Similar problem here but unfortunately my Evoque is LHD as it was purchased here in France.
I鈥榲e looked under the battery cover as in the video but nothing there.
Theres an accses panel on the other side of the engine bay but when I removed that it reveals electrical cables but nothing else.
its MY17 and Sod鈥檚 law, just out of warranty!
Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Registered
MY15 2.2L
@Dexter - it's quite high up on the bulkhead. I'm not sure how different LHD is?
I've taken a still from from the video and put an arrow where he's shining his torch just to make sure you are looking in the right place...

Reactions: Dexter

Registered
Similar problem here but unfortunately my Evoque is LHD as it was purchased here in France.
I鈥榲e looked under the battery cover as in the video but nothing there.
Theres an accses panel on the other side of the engine bay but when I removed that it reveals electrical cables but nothing else.
its MY17 and Sod鈥檚 law, just out of warranty!
Can anyone point me in the right direction please.
Hi It鈥檚 got to be there even though it鈥檚 LHD. The fan is in the middle of the car. It looks like it sits just underneath the rotary wheel that turns the fan on. Don鈥檛 look for a propeller fan, it鈥檚 a centrifugal fan. i.e. just like a hamster would get on to exercise. If you still can鈥檛 find it I鈥檒l send you some pictures. Good luck. James

Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
Does this issue also affect the new Evoque (2019/2020 model year) or has the design / access been changed, I wonder?

One of my colleagues has a 2019 Discovery Sport and contacted me over the weekend to say their heater blowers had failed and they couldn鈥檛 really use the car. They鈥檇 tried to get a dealer appointment but that was in two weeks time and no courtesy cars available because of Covid, I told them to contact Land Rover Assist. A very helpful chap came out to them yesterday morning and said he knew exactly what it was. As per this article, he used a stick under the bonnet to kick start the fan movement and all is now OK. Five minute job.

At work today I spoke to another Discovery Sport owner who said their car had done exactly the same. And it was fixed by the same method!

It seems to often occur when the car hasn鈥檛 been used for a while. The Land Rover Assist chap said that newer Discovery's were not affected. Wonder if the new Evoque will have this fan arrangement / issue?

My colleague said to me all that money on the car and it needs a stick to get the heater fan going!

Registered
MY15 2.2L
@rencar I can't say what's changed for the MY20, but those with earlier LRs who were still under warranty say things have been modified to prevent water ingress which seems to be the issue.

Reactions: rencar

Registered
@Dexter - it's quite high up on the bulkhead. I'm not sure how different LHD is?
I've taken a still from from the video and put an arrow where he's shining his torch just to make sure you are looking in the right place...

View attachment 7210 Thanks for that, especially the picture, I haven鈥檛 gone back to the car since I tried to look for the fan this morning. Below zero and blowing a Gale all day so I鈥檝e opted to stay by the fire. I鈥檒l have another look tomorrow and hopefully find the fan.
The warranty ran out at the start of December during the last lockdown over here so it might be a bargaining point to get the replacement fan fitted with no cost to me, I can only ask.

Registered
Carbon Office equipment
This morning I had another look for the fan but to no avail. There is no accessible void underneath the battery bay as in the video. No soundproofing panel that can be pulled forward to reveal the fan just the solid bulkhead. I鈥檓 surprised that the LHD version is so different.

Registered
MY15 2.2L
It looks like the brake components have changed the layout for your LHD.
It's in there somewhere though!

Registered
MY15 2.2L
It looks like the LHD part number is LR016627 looking at a parts supplier website:
Heater Motor with Fan Left Hand Drive suitable for Frelander 2 and Range Rover Evoque Vehicles

Googling that part shows some drawings which might help place it? I started to compare with a RHD but have run out of time I'm afraid...

The above link has a 'chat box' perhaps ask if they can send you an image from the workshop manual? Unlikely but worth a try...
The LHD part is around half the price of a RHD fan for some reason?

Registered
It looks like the LHD part number is LR016627 looking at a parts supplier website:
Heater Motor with Fan Left Hand Drive suitable for Frelander 2 and Range Rover Evoque Vehicles

Googling that part shows some drawings which might help place it? I started to compare with a RHD but have run out of time I'm afraid...

The above link has a 'chat box' perhaps ask if they can send you an image from the workshop manual? Unlikely but worth a try...
The LHD part is around half the price of a RHD fan for some reason?
Thanks for the link.
Still no joy trying to locate the fan, the weather has been against me as well but there鈥檚 light at the end of the tunnel.
The service required warning has been coming on for the past 3/4 weeks despite me having only driven 900 miles in the last year due to the strict lockdowns we鈥檝e had here in France.
The warranty on the vehicle ran out a the start of December 2020 but I thought what the hell I鈥檝e nothing to loose and so I called in to the JLR dealership that sold me the Evoque and booked it in for a service.
I spoke to the service manager and told him that the heater fan wasn鈥檛 working and he immediately said that it must be stuck. Seeing my opportunity, I told him that I knew that there was a problem with the fan on this model of Evoque and he nodded and said yes. I explained that the warranty ran out last month but I couldn鈥檛 bring the vehicle in because of the lockdown and would it be possible to change the fan as a good will gesture.
He gave me a wry smile but didn鈥檛 say no.
So this morning I took the Evoque in for its service and the service manager said that they would change the fan under the warranty!
Sadly, the battery can鈥檛 be changed und the same conditions!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts