Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the internet. The Evoque heater fan wasn't working. Looked up the fuse (recommended to be serviced by retailer only!!!) and it was OK.
Mmmmm lets check the forum and hey presto Heater blower

One fan working :)

The car had been standing for a week but has been used 2 or 3 times since so I'm surprised that 1, I didn't realise it wasn't working and 2, that the bumps of driving never kick started it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Andy, I have the same issue this morning. Could you provide pictures of where to find the fan. I’ve had a panel off this morning but can’t locate it

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the internet. The Evoque heater fan wasn't working. Looked up the fuse (recommended to be serviced by retailer only!!!) and it was OK.
Mmmmm lets check the forum and hey presto Heater blower

One fan working :)

The car had been standing for a week but has been used 2 or 3 times since so I'm surprised that 1, I didn't realise it wasn't working and 2, that the bumps of driving never kick started it.
Andy, I have the same issue this morning. Could you provide pictures of where to find the fan. I’ve had a panel off this morning but can’t locate it

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant do pics as car gone out !

Back right hand of the engine bay, big cover with 4 fixings (covers battery) the fixings undo with half a turn and pull out.
Using a torch look downwards towards the centre of the back of the dashboard BEHIND a metal scuttle not in front (as I was for ages).
Look deep down (around a foot) you will see what looks like a ladder. The fan is a drum type with louvres on it not a bladed fan like on the cars radiator.
You literally just have to gently push it with a stick or similar and you're good to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aha I found it. I too was looking in front of scuttle, in fact didn’t even realise it was there until I got right in. Put a 500mm flathead screwdriver in there. Gave it a wiggle and sorted. Now works perfectly. I hadn’t used car for about 10 days and it’s been sat in ice and rain. It shouldn’t happen but I assume a little surface rust gathers, just enough to cease it

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,610 Posts
Aha I found it. I too was looking in front of scuttle, in fact didn’t even realise it was there until I got right in. Put a 500mm flathead screwdriver in there. Gave it a wiggle and sorted. Now works perfectly. I hadn’t used car for about 10 days and it’s been sat in ice and rain. It shouldn’t happen but I assume a little surface rust gathers, just enough to cease it
Good to hear. Remember to post some photos to help others :)

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Apparently if you change this part if under warranty there is a newer designed bit because of this issue

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the same problem some time ago, whilst the car was still under warranty.Used a long screwdriver, give it a nudge and it worked. I then set it manually to turn each time I used the car and when the new one, with the modified covering was replaced, I was told that there had been an issue with rainwater dripping onto the fan.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just had the same problem.

Followed the instructions and all working again.

Would never solved this myself without the forum.

I‘m a happy bunny!

Thanks so much

Nigel

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,263 Posts
Brilliant this forum --Innit. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yep.
Poke it with a stick.
:D:LOL:

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
???? JLR technical references....

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I think this is the Land Rover stick you need....

36D1F8CE-40EE-444E-92F7-754893FDB6D9.jpeg

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,263 Posts
Nah, you need one MUCH BIGGER than that. (y) :LOL:

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,263 Posts
Apparently if you change this part if under warranty there is a newer designed bit because of this issue
Hi Donna, are you saying that there is an upgraded part for the heater fan available under warranty❓❓

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,610 Posts
For this issue (MY16 Evoques onwards) the heater fan is changed if you are under warranty and things are improved to resolve this problem - water ingress.
See previous posts for more info.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Out of JLR warranty but have 3rd party warranty, wonder if I can claim, will try when things back to normal!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts