Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My car has been parked at Heathrow for 8 days while we went on holiday, come back to it and the heater blower has packed up, it was fine when we left it. I’ve checked the fuse, this is ok. Has anyone had any issues with the blower? Has it been very cold here over the last week or so? Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
HI vader, It's probably just stuck. Mine has done it and apparently they are prone to this. A quick fix is to remove a plastic panel with 4 quarter turn fixings to rear of engine bay and shine torch down through into dash....the fan should be visible, gently touch/spin with a long narrow cane or screwdriver, then try fan again and run for 10 minutes(landrover assists' advice)

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI vader, It's probably just stuck. Mine has done it and apparently they are prone to this. A quick fix is to remove a plastic panel with 4 quarter turn fixings to rear of engine bay and shine torch down through into dash....the fan should be visible, gently touch/spin with a long narrow cane or screwdriver, then try fan again and run for 10 minutes(landrover assists' advice)
That was a quick reply, thanks I’ll check

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed. It was exactly that, thanks. Funny really, I have another car which is 42 years old, the fan on that doesn’t get stuck when it’s left!

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Fixed. It was exactly that, thanks. Funny really, I have another car which is 42 years old, the fan on that doesn’t get stuck when it’s left!
Car that’s 42 years old, more than likely just has a blanket to put over your legs Vader with the sound of hooves clip-clopping.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car that’s 42 years old, more than likely just has a blanket to put over your legs Vader with the sound of hooves clip-clopping.
Ha Ha, it’s actually got a very nice sounding V8 in it. I miss driving it too, I prefer to use it then the Evoque, unless the weather is awful or salt on the roads.

BAEF99BF-C31D-434D-842A-2D2B3F65CE08.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Always loved the look of the Stag. Still looks great today.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always loved the look of the Stag. Still looks great today.
Thanks, that’s because it’s had thousands lavished on it :surprise:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There's been a few 'heater' posts recently - AFAIK it's a weak point on MY16 onwards. I don't think (could be wrong) earlier models are affected. LR are changing heaters under warranty so worth looking into as the problem is likely to return.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's been a few 'heater' posts recently - AFAIK it's a week point on MY16 onwards. I don't think (could be wrong) earlier models are affected. LR are changing heaters under warranty so worth looking into as the problem is likely to return.
Ok thanks. It looks a right pig to replace! Having said that it may be possible by taking the plastinc windscreen scuttle off

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi. My car has been parked at Heathrow for 8 days while we went on holiday, come back to it and the heater blower has packed up, it was fine when we left it. I’ve checked the fuse, this is ok. Has anyone had any issues with the blower? Has it been very cold here over the last week or so? Thanks
Vader, I just posted a Help message on here last Sunday as my wife had the same sort of problem on the way to pick up my son from rail station. Just started itself after driving with no fan, no heated windscreen etc for an hour and a half. It’s now booked in to dealers for investigation and phase 4 update on 14th January.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sounds like you are out of warranty? Looking at your signature I can see the year for your Stag but not your RRE! ;)
I’ve another year of warranty yet. My car is November 16 so a MY17. I hope to change it before the warranty expires, I’d like the new Evoque.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmmuk. I edited your post by mistake. I pressed edit instead of quote!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It sounds like you are out of warranty? Looking at your signature I can see the year for your Stag but not your RRE! ;)

I see "Last edited by Vader; Today at 18:00." on my post! - have I said something wrong? ...again?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vader, I just posted a Help message on here last Sunday as my wife had the same sort of problem on the way to pick up my son from rail station. Just started itself after driving with no fan, no heated windscreen etc for an hour and a half. It’s now booked in to dealers for investigation and phase 4 update on 14th January.
My heated screen worked fine, the fan had slightly seized? Turned the fan with a long screw driver and away it went

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
You're lucky you've even got a heater, my 1950 XK120 doesn't have such a luxury (neither does it have side screens and the refurbed hood is in the 5th bedroom, never fitted since refurb 12 years ago!).

So it was rather cool and drafty when I took it out for a winter spin yesterday!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see "Last edited by Vader; Today at 18:00." on my post! - have I said something wrong? ...again?
No, no, I did it by mistake, I should’ve pressed quote not edit. I blame jet lag and a large Gin and Tonic my wife gave me

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Can someone please have a look in their sheds and garages, it would appear that veteran has been lost and an interloper has been put in his place, this one is too sickly sweet and not the veteran we have come to know.
I am concerned for his welfare, Maybe Mrs V has done him in and he's under the patio now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts