Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have got an Evoque SE tech ED4, the manufacturer s warranty ran out 3 days ago, and the blowers on the heating system are not working, dealers is saying tough it's out of warranty, the fuses have been checked and they are ok, does anyone have any ideas on the problem, and is this a common problem with them, have only had the car 5 months.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Tell them you were out of the country & you’re wife rang to let you know and you’ve only just got home 😉

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Hi and welcome. If you bought from a dealer 5 months ago get them to fix it. If bought privately, you're on your own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was out of the country, it's been parked up at Heathrow airport for 3 weeks, I told them this and they weren't interested. I'm not happy that a car of this age can have a problem like this, regret buying it now. It was bought from dealer and has an rac warranty just hoping this will cover it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hi, I have got an Evoque SE tech ED4, the manufacturer s warranty ran out 3 days ago, and the blowers on the heating system are not working, dealers is saying tough it's out of warranty, the fuses have been checked and they are ok, does anyone have any ideas on the problem, and is this a common problem with them, have only had the car 5 months.
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You don't say what year it is. If it's a MY16 onwards then this is a fairly common issue.
LR were changing heater fans. But a get around is to just nudge the fan blades with a cane or long screwdriver. You need to remove some plastic trim in the engine bay.
This should get things running again but the problem might return.

There are previous threads with this info - I can't remember if people have posted photos.
Let us know how you get on...

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
SE Tech so must be MY16 on Hmmm

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Good spot - hopefully nudging the fan will get it going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts