Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Heated steering wheel & cooled seat == Chilblains & Piles. 馃槩 馃槩 馃槩

Reactions: Andy.M

Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
i retro fitted a heated steering wheel to my 15my evoque and had to change the clock spring as the original does not support the heated wheel ,if you go down the route of changing the wheel the clockspring changed in 2014( I found out the hard way) I have an early type clockspring for sale if of interest! ps,sorry for high jack of thread.
So is all I need this clockspring and the heated wheel to make it work?

Registered
So is all I need this clockspring and the heated wheel to make it work?
You also need a heated steering wheel complete with all wiring and switches and with he clockspring it will work without programming.

Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
A non-metallic heated steering wheel was why we went for the SE model with lots of options rather than the HSE which has the Atlas steering wheel with the metal which gets cold in the Winter. My girlfriend has Reynards Phenomenon which means gloves don't cut it and extra heat is needed to her extremities to avoid chilblains. 馃敟

The wheel in our MY20 gets warm all round and is certainly toasty! Don't always believe the stealers as they often have an ulterior motive along with poorly trained "technicians". :mad: However, you don't have your car details in your Signature so don't know what model, you may have a different wheel and the Atlas ones could be different?

Registered
UGG Gloves! why go about looking like your fisting two sheep?

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you all for your responses. Ernesto, what you say sounds very reasonable and could well be the cause. I know there is a temperature sensor outside (built into the nearside mirror housing, I think) that assists in monitoring and controlling cabin temperature.

Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
You also need a heated steering wheel complete with all wiring and switches and with he clockspring it will work without programming.
Oh I thought it was just an easy change to a heated 拢100 wheel off ebay

Registered
Oh I thought it was just an easy change to a heated 拢100 wheel off ebay
It is as long as the wheel is complete and not just the bare wheel.

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Heated wheel, just something else to run your battery down. :unsure:

Registered
Not really, as it auto switches off and uses low power.

Reactions: PhilB

Registered
Plus I think it only works with the engine running.
So no battery drain.

Reactions: Maffy

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
My take on the heated steering wheel is , if you've never had one you won't miss it but once you have had one you would. As I said before , this wasn't even on my list of "nice to have" but now I have one would like one again if/when I change my car.

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
Might be nice in a drophead in the middle of winter馃ザ, but in a luxury car with a decent air con/heating system :unsure: :unsure:

Registered
When you have the top down in Bonny Scotland ZX4, even in the middle of summer you need fur lined shoe laces never mind a heated steering wheel. 馃憤

Reactions: Maffy and XZ4

Super Moderator
When you have the top down in Bonny Scotland ZX4, even in the middle of summer you need fur lined shoe laces never mind a heated steering wheel. 馃憤
It's called fresh air Vet ;)

Registered
They don't have fresh air in hertforshire as it is a London overspill area.

Reactions: XZ4

Registered
I think the mods need to get this back on topic

Super Moderator
21 - 40 of 48 Posts