Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to my local dealer to have the heated steering wheel looked at because, apart from taking the chill off, it barely gets warm, with no detectable warmth in the lower part. My previous car had a heated steering wheel which was noticeably warm and comfortable to the touch.
I was told that this is normal with the new vehicles and there was nothing wrong with it.
What a waste of £200+. I may as well have bought a pair of gloves 20X cheaper - and I could use them outside the car!
Anyone else had the same experience?
Regards.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 2017 heated wheel does exactly what it says on the tin. Gets nice and warm all round.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Only problem with mine is it has a fancy metal band that doesn’t heat up so it’s just fingering the wheel when cold ;)

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
73 Posts
Is the plug in there to retro fit a heated steering wheel to a 2012 Dynamic?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Yip jump on google , go into selfridges or Harvey Nicks and type in Ugg gloves... there great 😘

Reactions: ukcommander

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
69 Posts
Yes believe so, have a look at powerful UK you tube channel. They have a video on it. Looks quite simple and loads of heated wheels on eBay, but all seem to be without the essential different mounting unit and switches, probably sell
Them separately.

·
Registered
2020 Silicon Silver RR Evoque R Dynamic HSE P300
68 Posts
Only problem with mine is it has a fancy metal band that doesn’t heat up so it’s just fingering the wheel when cold ;)
You should never finger it when cold. Grab it with both hands

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all your responses. Donna's is the most useful right now

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Don’t go saying that, we‘ll never hear the end of it 🙄

Reactions: Veteran and Maffy

·
Registered
8,859 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can't understand the point of a heated steering wheel - my car lives outside, and I've never had a problem with chilly hands, and I don't use gloves. And I'm very old, with possible duff circulation to my extremities. Make of that what you will.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
I didn't either until I got my latest car which has one. If buying new I would probably pay the £130 or so for one now.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Havoc for your take on it. I didn't until, like XZ4, I had a courtesy car on a very cold day and realised the benefit of one. I was converted and had one fitted on my last car - well worth the additional expense. Hence I'm able ot compare not having one, having one that did what it should and now, this one, which doesn't seem to do what I've become accustomed to expect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you been using it lately? I believe there's a temp sensor inside the wheel itself so if it's already quite warm in the car, I can't imagine it would take much more to get it up whatever it thinks is 'hot' enough.

Perhaps the effect is more noticeable in winter when it would have to work harder, but I've not had my car long enough to check.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I'd rather have a heated wheel than fancy alloys!!!!

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
84 Posts
i retro fitted a heated steering wheel to my 15my evoque and had to change the clock spring as the original does not support the heated wheel ,if you go down the route of changing the wheel the clockspring changed in 2014( I found out the hard way) I have an early type clockspring for sale if of interest! ps,sorry for high jack of thread.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Th one on my my17 was great, heated all round.

Reactions: Sadie

·
Registered
300 Posts
I’d love to retro fit a heated steering wheel to my 2012 Evoque. I had one in my Freelander 2 and vowed I’d never have another car without one and ended up with a Prestige Lux without one 🙄
I did have a look on Powerfuluk.com but it was going to cost over £1000 so looks like I’ll take Donnas recommendation and buy some Ugg gloves 🥴

1 - 20 of 48 Posts