Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited my local dealer today, have test drive arranged for next Sunday. Anyone who has pre ordered an Evoque will be allowed to attend a viewing this Thursday, the rest of us will have to wait until Friday.

When I asked the salesmen what models would be available for viewing/testing, he said even they didn't know what was coming in? Surely that's leaving it a bit late.

Any thoughts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just spent the afternoon driving my wife's around our dealer's compound. Fortunately they have a big compound! They had 9 cars in total.

They had a good selection of Dynamic/Prestige in 3 and 5 door in the compound. A couple were their demo models. None were on public display.

I thoroughly enjoyed reversing it around using the camera, it was surprisingly accurate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
AJB said:
Just spent the afternoon driving my wife's around our dealer's compound. Fortunately they have a big compound! They had 9 cars in total.

They had a good selection of Dynamic/Prestige in 3 and 5 door in the compound. A couple were their demo models. None were on public display.

I thoroughly enjoyed reversing it around using the camera, it was surprisingly accurate.

talking about the Camera, I am adding it to my order, My husband test drove a Jaguar with one in, I thought it was brilliant

·
Registered
361 Posts
AJB said:

Lucky you!

I have been itching to show them off tothe enthusiastic customer that walk through our door.............just not allowed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not been to the dealers yet but I do know that Cardiff have received theirs as my missus seen them come off the lorry last Friday. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I saw 3 last Friday locked in the compound ready for Thursdays 'big reveal'. Had to swear the kids to secrecy but was delighted that I had ordered prestige not dynamic as the dynamic 'grunty grills' on the bonnet are just not ladylike

Dealer has now disappeared in the ether preparing part ex pricing.....I wonder if he's hoping the car will come quicker than expected and try to back me into a low price!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our friendly dealer let me and my wife look and sit in 3 different ones last Friday and I haven't placed my order yet, going to the launch event tomorrow, test drive next Tuesday and hopefully placing my order before jetting off on holiday on Wednesday. So far very impressed with the LR dealer having come from Audi.

·
Registered
68 Posts
steve hill said:
yes were off to the dealers tomorrow night hope they got decent champagne
NOT sparkling wine lol

I am at the Reading launch too, can't wait to see one for real

·
Registered
361 Posts
steve hill said:
yes were off to the dealers tomorrow night hope they got decent champagne
NOT sparkling wine lol

Some proper champagne turned up at ours today.....hope you have a designated driver!....rather a few stella's me self...champers make me tired

·
Registered
59 Posts
Attended launch last night at Lookers Chelmsford & was well impressed. Have a Si4 Coupe LUX in Fuji & Pursuit, coming in October. Saw the same car at the launch & will be driving it on Sunday. The cars seemed much more impressive in the showroom & on the forecourt than at the Evoque Live event. The mirrors and black accents in contrast to the Fuji white were awesome and the ivory/grey pursuit leather a perfect match & looked much better than internet images, in which the ivory had a yellow hue. I'm actually getting excited for "er indoors" now. Proper champagne & Peroni's at launch with lots of finger food & a goody bag "to go". Well done Lookers of Chelmsford!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you 'Morgan'. I'm so relieved and pleased about your comment on the 'Pursuit' interior. I was worried about the grey dashboard but after hearing your comment, I'm well chuffed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Saw five Evoques (two Dynamic, two Prestige, one Pure/three coupes, two five-door) at the dealer preview event in Christchurch last night. All looked great, and now hoping that my delivery estimate of late October is accurate, or even comes forward! Coupe Dynamic in Stornaway Grey with all-black trim (and roof) and black alloys looked fantastic, but £2500 for the wheels is a bit much for me, sadly...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cardiff Stratstone got 5 Evoques, 4 coupe & 1 4 door, mixture of dynamic and prestige, didn't notice a pure there though, although I was mainly looking at the dynamic.
All the questions I asked them them they didn't have a clue about, wish they had someone like Mortz there who seems to actually do a bit of research into the product he sells! Well done Mortz.
Onebigjobby

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went round to Southampton Hunter's Here + Now event today and got a test drive in an SD4 Dynamic Coupe - very impressed! I had been putting off ordering one until I had at least seen one in the flesh and driven one and after a nice test drive taking in a mixture of motorway, country lanes and around town I was sold! ;)

I put down my £1000 for a build slot for supposed delivery around March-time. Haven't quite decided on which specific model to go for yet, but it will probably be a Dynamic SD4 - either Coupe or 5 door. I had been thinking of going for an Si4 but I was impressed with the SD4 so will probably go with that now (though I'll try to get a test drive in an Si4 before my final decision). One thing that put me off with the Coupe was that the blind spot was a bit tricky to check with a sideways glance (noticed this when changing lanes on the motorway); the view from the 5 door seems to be better. Mind you the blind spot monitor isn't too bad at £450 I suppose. May just go for the 5 door anyway though for the added practicality.

Hunters had all three trim models in the showroom to look around and they all look very smart I think. The Dynamic does look the business though - both inside and out! I spoke to Richard who seemed to be very knowledgeable on the range (at least nothing he said seemed to contradict what I had read elsewhere anywhere).

Edited by: simonc

·
Registered
77 Posts
Saw 6 Evoques at the TH White, Wotoon Bassett Dealer Launch event last night, nice selection of Coupes and 5 doors, Pure, Prestige and Dynamic - one was up on the ramp so we could inspect the underside engineering - very impressive. As if that wasn't enough, we had our Evoque Unleashed event this morning and loved it. Coming from a RRS Supercharged, the performance was always going to be lacking, but the ride quality, road holding and steering response were superb - best thing for me though is the change in the interior mood lighting whn Dynamic mode is selected. So cool!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was at T H White too. I thought they all looked great. The boot was a little small but the quality was amazing, put together so well. I loved all the high tech features, split screen was great and the upgraded stereo, reversing camera, blind spot detection just to name a few.

Only one problem. It made me car sick. I got a vibration from the road and it had an odd resonation? I didn't try the magneride is it any different? It felt choppy. I really wanted one but there was just no way I could drive it for long. I'm just so bummed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
OnebigJobby said:
Cardiff Stratstone got 5 Evoques, 4 coupe & 1 4 door, mixture of dynamic and prestige, didn't notice a pure there though, although I was mainly looking at the dynamic.
All the questions I asked them them they didn't have a clue about, wish they had someone like Mortz there who seems to actually do a bit of research into the product he sells! Well done Mortz.
Onebigjobby

One tries to be as accurate as possible.....just found an error inone my posts....been reading the tech's manual over the last few days...."gonna throw it out!"....380 watt meridian DOES have a sub !..but not according to the tech book!

Going back tomy trusty dealer spec guide

Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
77 Posts
How odd, certainly didn't have any resonance in the car I drove and despite bombing around the country roads didn't feel car sick. Sounds like you have a good excuse for another test drive in a different model!

Have to agree with you about the boot size though - very disappointing and we're still debating it as it may prove just too small. Reviews said it was 50% larger than a Golf's but comparing the two and trying to fit same load in we really struggled even to get our baby buggy in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts