Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy all i am new here....
I bought for almost 2 weeks a range rover evoque 2015 2.2 diesel 190 ps
and when I go to one traffic light to another I feel that it changes suddenly ... but when I go a little sportier I don't really feel the abruptness .... the car has 126k / km ....
from what I read on the net can you reset the previous driving style ??? Plsss help me

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,745 Posts
This might help...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This might help...

I've already tried this trick .... my problem is when I drive in the city in gear 4-5 I feel a hard shift... but not all the time ... and the thing I noticed when the car wants to change fixed then I leave the acceleration because I approach the car in front and maybe from there it will be the hard shift ????

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Good to hear that you fixed the problem, enjoy the car!

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Indeed, who would have thought hat the battery would have caused that issue though-Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It’s always good when the solution to a problem is posted. It helps so many members that might encounter the same problem. 👍

Reactions: XZ4 and Maffy

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Sadly so often people don't-----Gits !!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Straight to the point CB, no point fluffing around things .
People come on for advice, get it then bugger off never to be heard of again until they want more.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
The world was much better when it was coloured Pink.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
This seems to be par for the course. A battery that affects gear changes. Great idea JLR (y) what will you think of next. Maybe something that fits in the back end of the exhaust which you have to drive long distance fast to keep it in good working order? Or a charging system that cannot keep your battery charged unless you drive lots of miles. Nah not even JLR could do that --could they????:mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: DKZ5745 and Maffy

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
You couldn't make it up really!

·
Registered
259 Posts
This seems to be par for the course. A battery that affects gear changes. Great idea JLR (y) what will you think of next. Maybe something that fits in the back end of the exhaust which you have to drive long distance fast to keep it in good working order? Or a charging system that cannot keep your battery charged unless you drive lots of miles. Nah not even JLR could do that --could they????:mad::mad::mad:
I disagree (not with you) with the solution which OP posted. He will be back soon.

This is not a battery issue.

It's gearbox oil/service which is causing it and will require gearbox service/oil change imho. Alternatively, it can be Haldex pump on its way. Seen it on few cars. Gearbox adaptation (solution posted above) or via JLR software can achieve reset and temporary solution, however, problems do reappear in a few days.

OP mentioned that it's gone with the battery change. The gearbox will reset the adaptation settings, however, the problem will reappear once the car will retain these settings.

I genuinely hope that its resolved but I have experienced it and found the solution hard way.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
Hi makkan, mine has had a new Haldex pump & many gearbox resets. our are right when you say that despite a reset problems will re-appear quite soon. I will mention this when I go to dealer next time (soon) I started mine today (first time since Sunday) With parking brake on I went from P to D & got a massive clunk.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi makkan, mine has had a new Haldex pump & many gearbox resets. our are right when you say that despite a reset problems will re-appear quite soon. I will mention this when I go to dealer next time (soon) I started mine today (first time since Sunday) With parking brake on I went from P to D & got a massive clunk.
I am going through the same but without any clunk. It's just a minor movement which is present on my BMW as well (when changing gear from P-R or P-D or N-R or N-D. More noticeable on the reverse.

The issue imho is that dealers can make easy money with services / simple brake/ tyre changes whereas these troubleshooting jobs require extensive diagnostics (I say that as most protocols suggest that the whole car should be updated before troubleshooting and that can take multiple hours and real job starts after updating modules and running diagnostics) and dealers are shy of doing so (as its a hard work in all fairness).

I guess we need to find a very 'friendly' dealer who can go the extra mile and troubleshoot our cars. Hard to find such dealers. Our car is gone for a service and I am pushing our service manager to look and resolve this minor jerk. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
Hi mahhan00
I will be getting mine back to main dealers in the not to distant future, I still have almost a year to run on my 2 year warranty. I will once again tell them about these problems & make some more suggestions. With regards "Clunks & jerks" on most occasions if I start up & go from P to D I get a clunk/jerk, If I then go from D to R I get more of the same. If I go from P to R I get a series of "clunks & jerks" Sometimes these are quite severe & noisy. This has been checked about 5 times now each time they reset the gearbox to factory settings which make a better shift but the "clunks etc. are still there. It sounds to me like massive amount of slack in the drivetrain but they say they cannot find any..

·
Registered
259 Posts
et more of the same. If I go from P to R I get a series of "clunks & jerks" Sometimes these are quite severe & noisy. This has been checked about 5 times now each time they reset the gearbox to factory settings which make a better shift but the "clunks etc. are still there. It sounds to me like massive amount of slack in the drivetrain but they say they cannot find any..
This is what I mean by dealers not doing extensive stuff.

I would suggest to discuss this with JLR customer services (see Dan in dealer CS section) and discuss it with him before taking it to the dealers.

Good luck and keep us posted.

PS: Mine is being assessed atm and if dealer finds anything, I will post it.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
Colossus.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Somebody miss their turn-off?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts