Evoque Owners Club banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I can't see how your would have failed as you never really used the ICE, change your avatar Andy it's not clever and certainly not in the spirit of the forum.
Maybe I won't be using the ICE much...but the next owner possibly will.
I thought my avatar pic was highly amusing....obviously we don't share the same sense of humour Rob. 🤣😂😅

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
372 Posts
I thought my avatar pic was highly amusing....obviously we don't share the same sense of humour Rob. 🤣😂😅
Andy - A sense of humour is one thing and taking the piss is another certainly when you read some of the discussion you have been involved with - sh1t happens you've just got to deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
372 Posts
Did you buy 4NDY in the end or did you leave it, currently on sale for £167K, that would buy you a decent motor. :eek: 😂😂😂

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I think he just bought the picture 🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,292 Posts
Did you buy 4NDY in the end or did you leave it, currently on sale for £167K, that would buy you a decent motor. :eek: 😂😂😂
£175k on regtransfers :oops:

·
Registered
P300e
221 Posts
UPDATE:

Car has had the HV coolant heater replaced and all is good on the EV side once again.................................................................. but;

On the test drive, they say it developed a miss-fire. Apparently there is an issue with the 1.5 petrol engine where an emissions control solenoid can play-up and ours did it on the test drive!!!

New one (solenoid) to be fitted tomorrow, (parts are delivered overnight - Its 10 miles from Halewood). I told them I expected the car to be ready for pick-up BEFORE 11 a.m. as they'll have had it for three days by then* - I'm not holding my breath.

*I refused to pay the non-negotiable £10 "Covid" (cleaning) fee for the courtesy car, so I don't have one.
Got the car back yesterday afternoon, so they had it three days instead of one.

Now runs on EV only with the climate control on. I'm not sure if the high voltage coolant heater has been changed or just the actual coolant! The job report wasn't ready when I collected it, but was emailed over later yesterday and it looks like a 1970's photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy, (what is wrong with these places, are they run by dickheads)?

Didn't do any mileage on the ICE, so can't comment on the missfire which I'd never experienced before anyway!

Still can't tell me when the door trim will be delivered, so that's not fixed. I said please book it in now for four weeks time, but they wouldn't entertain this as they can't say parts will be in by then.

I'm not impressed, its just an amateur service. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, but some folk must be easily pleased?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Mine went in 3 times for a section of door trim replacing under warranty. 1st time they said they ordered the part. 2nd time they clearly forced the old trim into place using some kind of screwdriver which damaged the top edge, even though they told me the new trim had arrived. 3rd time they finally replaced the trim.
On the 2nd visit they managed to scrape the front near side wheel on the ramp when backing the car off it so had to stay an extra couple of days while they fixed the wheel.
This is a luxury car brand dealership. You would expect better than that if you went to a Kia dealer 😱

Reactions: nicko16

·
Registered
P300e
221 Posts
JLR have today confirmed that the complete high-voltage coolant heater unit was exchanged (and apologised for the brevity / opaque dealer job report). They also confirmed that this part had been on back-order previously, so it looks like the timing of the warranty work was fortunate?

Used the preconditioning this morning and all worked as expected. Car seems back to how I expected it to be, so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
P300e. MY2021.
216 Posts
I’m applying for membership of the Happy Owners Club- albeit I’m only 6 months and 2k miles in so possibly a bit premature.
I found it frustrating to begin with - same issues as many others re reluctance to go into EV mode etc. However software update to V3 and a long run and everything has settled down and works like a dream. I no longer try to second guess what it should be doing - just put it in Hybrid mode and let it do it’s thing.
And V3 has got Apple CarPlay working like it should.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts