Evoque Owners Club banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't moan - just report facts. Fact is I've had loads of issues with mine ( and the loan one ) which is a shame cos I loved it when it was working properly.
Enjoy yours and hopefully you won't have any issues .
Has anyone actually had one of these HV heaters fitted yet ? I’ve been waiting a month for the back order. Cold weather makes the EV function of the car pretty useless without it.

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
371 Posts
Has anyone actually had one of these HV heaters fitted yet ? I’ve been waiting a month for the back order. Cold weather makes the EV function of the car pretty useless without it.
Not sure - but I think Jag are taking them all at the moment as they have no heating whatsoever in the I-Pace when they fail o_O ;)👿

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I have heard that JLR are waiting for an upgraded part to be manufactured....there isn't much point just replacing like for like.

·
Registered
Jaguar I-Pace Black Edition/Eiger Grey
395 Posts
Yes, mine was done on Tuesday so car is now fixed although it was still saying "EV temporarily unavailable" when I picked it up yesterday but seemed to settle down and was then operating in EV mode.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes, mine was done on Tuesday so car is now fixed although it was still saying "EV temporarily unavailable" when I picked it up yesterday.
Have they loaded all the latest software up-dates to it, such as OS 3.0?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't know. I didn't really look and not been in it
I would imagine if it's only just come out and new down loads have been installed you will not get EV until the car is happy, but then again I would not use it and just wait for the replacement to arrive.

·
Registered
Jaguar I-Pace Black Edition/Eiger Grey
395 Posts
I would imagine if it's only just come out and new down loads have been installed you will not get EV until the car is happy, but then again I would not use it and just wait for the replacement to arrive.
Unfortunately I have no choice but to use it as the loan car had to go back. Only until Saturday though..
I keep looking at it thinking how nice it looks....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Unfortunately I have no choice but to use it as the loan car had to go back. Only until Saturday though..
I keep looking at it thinking how nice it looks....
I'd stick it in save and use the petrol up before it goes back.

Reactions: FB1

·
Registered
P300e
221 Posts
Ours was 8 months trouble free until we used the preconditioning on the first proper frosty morning in early November. Car was lovely and warm to get into that morning, but has not run properly in EV since (with the "EV temporarily unavailable" message displayed when tried).
After approx. four weeks waiting, the car went in today to have the "EV mode temporarily unavailable" looked at and also a faulty lower trim on the drivers door.

The stealer was insistant I email over some photographs of the faulty trim back in early December, so they could "order up the new parts". I also emailed the service bulletin regarding faulty HV coolant heaters at this time in the vain hope they would have some in stock.

Just had a phone call and they need to order a new HV coolant heater which will be here and fitted tomorrow. The door trim has also to be ordered and won't be here for "at least two weeks", these pricks couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

·
Registered
142 Posts
After approx. four weeks waiting, the car went in today to have the "EV mode temporarily unavailable" looked at and also a faulty lower trim on the drivers door.

The stealer was insistant I email over some photographs of the faulty trim back in early December, so they could "order up the new parts". I also emailed the service bulletin regarding faulty HV coolant heaters at this time in the vain hope they would have some in stock.

Just had a phone call and they need to order a new HV coolant heater which will be here and fitted tomorrow. The door trim has also to be ordered and won't be here for "at least two weeks", these pricks couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.
My dealer has had an EV coolant heater on back order for me for 2 months. Chased it yesterday and they say they have other cars sat in the yard waiting for one as well, with no sign of an ETA - so it sounds like your dealer has done well getting you one for tomorrow.

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,292 Posts
My dealer has had an EV coolant heater on back order for me for 2 months. Chased it yesterday and they say they have other cars sat in the yard waiting for one as well, with no sign of an ETA - so it sounds like your dealer has done well getting you one for tomorrow.
Shhhhh, it's not arrived yet :censored:

·
Registered
P300e
221 Posts
Ryecade - I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Yeah it was yours 😁

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

I can sympathise with you...Land Rover really don't seem to have a clue what they're doing with these hybrids. My dealer initially told me that my failed EV motor would be a fast and relatively simple fix....but now they are back tracking on everything. They now say that the new EV motor is "on back order" with no idea when it will actually arrive....and even when it does turn up that it can only be fitted by a "JLR factory EV technician" because their normal grease monkeys aren't qualified to do it.
Anyway, enough about my problems....good luck with your repairs, fingers crossed. 🤞🤞

·
Registered
P300e
221 Posts
UPDATE:

Car has had the HV coolant heater replaced and all is good on the EV side once again.................................................................. but;

On the test drive, they say it developed a miss-fire. Apparently there is an issue with the 1.5 petrol engine where an emissions control solenoid can play-up and ours did it on the test drive!!!

New one (solenoid) to be fitted tomorrow, (parts are delivered overnight - Its 10 miles from Halewood). I told them I expected the car to be ready for pick-up BEFORE 11 a.m. as they'll have had it for three days by then* - I'm not holding my breath.

*I refused to pay the non-negotiable £10 "Covid" (cleaning) fee for the courtesy car, so I don't have one.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
UPDATE:

Car has had the HV coolant heater replaced and all is good on the EV side once again.................................................................. but;

On the test drive, they say it developed a miss-fire. Apparently there is an issue with the 1.5 petrol engine where an emissions control solenoid can play-up and ours did it on the test drive!!!

New one (solenoid) to be fitted tomorrow, (parts are delivered overnight - Its 10 miles from Halewood). I told them I expected the car to be ready for pick-up BEFORE 11 a.m. as they'll have had it for three days by then* - I'm not holding my breath.

*I refused to pay the non-negotiable £10 "Covid" (cleaning) fee for the courtesy car, so I don't have one.
Wow, yet another fault. 😟 I'm sorry to hear this and hope you actually do get your car back tomorrow, fully repaired. Mine originally went back to the dealer for a new EV motor (still waiting for that to arrive) but apparently also needs new driveshaft bearings/caps. It does seem to be one fault after another with these hybrids....I suppose things can only get better 👍

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wow, yet another fault. 😟 I'm sorry to hear this and hope you actually do get your car back tomorrow, fully repaired. Mine originally went back to the dealer for a new EV motor (still waiting for that to arrive) but apparently also needs new driveshaft bearings/caps. It does seem to be one fault after another with these hybrids....I suppose things can only get better 👍
I didn't think it needed a drive shaft replacement but your dealer recommended it as it was a known fault, as I said at the time it's sometimes better to leave things alone if they are running correctly.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 · (Edited)
I didn't think it needed a drive shaft replacement but your dealer recommended it as it was a known fault, as I said at the time it's sometimes better to leave things alone if they are running correctly.
I'm told the work was done as a "preemptive repair" because they fully expect these parts to fail in the near future. Sounds a bit like a recall...but without admitting that they have fitted sub standard parts originally. I wasn't given the option "to leave things alone if they are running correctly" ...the new parts have already been fitted to my car, while it's in their workshop waiting for the new EV motor to be fitted. 👍

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm told the work was done as a "preemptive repair" because they fully expect these parts to fail in the near future. Sounds a bit like a recall...but without admitting that they have fitted sub standard parts originally. I wasn't given the option "to leave things alone if they are running correctly" ...the new parts have already been fitted to my car, while it's in their workshop waiting for the new EV motor to be fitted. 👍
I can't see how your would have failed as you never really used the ICE, change your avatar Andy it's not clever and certainly not in the spirit of the forum.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts