Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an SD4 Manual Dynamic. 800miles in and the ride feels unstable and my g/f feels she is in a boat with the body roll. Does anyone get this feeling on 20" alloys?? I love the look of my car but I'm not bonding with the ride right now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No issues here, dynamic 2.2 auto sd4. Turns in and holds the road. Steering is v light in comparison to what I was used to but driven my Lexus is today and the rre is ar superior. Lexus rx that the rre replaced rolled and yawed like anything, nothing in the rre. Sorry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same car- but auto - and I can't think of any of my previous cars that feel as good on the road . Unless you and your girlfriend have only ever driven caterhams and it's just a comparitive thing˜Š- I can only imagine the cars computer is doing something wrong with your suspension .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would say something has to be wrong. I've driven and been driven in a variety of Evoque's and was always surprised how firm and planted it felt.

Get it to your dealer and try another model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, checked the tyres pressures this morning. The rears were 4 PSI overinflated and the fronts were 2 PSI underinflated. I haven't drove the car since. I got somebody else to drive the car yesterday who concured that he felt rather unsafe through bends and roundabouts. Having just come from driving Audi (last 2 cars A5 2.0 & A5 3.0), I thought maybe it was just the difference between driving low and now driving a 4x4.

Let you know if the handling improves later.

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
317 Posts
Have you tried it in Dynamic mode (which I don't have on mine :rolleyes:) to see if there is any difference?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,110 Posts
Have you tried it in Dynamic mode (which I don't have on mine :rolleyes:) to see if there is any difference?
The OP hasn't been around for 8 years - so hopefully all sorted! o_O

Reactions: Sadie

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oooops , I really must pay more attention! :p

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,772 Posts
How many old ladies have you helped across the road that didn't want to cross, I wonder? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
For Gods sake don’t tell him you wished you had a panoramic roof while he’s holding a can opener 😱

·
Registered
317 Posts
Now thats just silly - I would of course use a banana for that job! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Like your thinking RazMan.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ah if only my therapist would agree with you, they might let me out more often🤪

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Perhaps your in the ward next to mine-is it you screaming every night?-if so stop it!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,772 Posts
Is it you making him scream?

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Then my mission has succeded LOL

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
Razman this is priceless ,,,, I’d love it if he came on and awnsered

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry Donna, you will have to speak up - i can't hear you over the screaming ! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
Not me screaming, Never have, never will-that's womens work !!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts