Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MY16 Autobiography
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chaps
Have any of you had fitted a Halfords 80Ah AGM115 Battery. Halfords are offering this at £142.00 + £25.00 fitted with a 5 year Guarantee. Or do any of you recommend an alternative / supplier
Thanks

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
471 Posts
Hi , try Tayna batteries on line, excellent service and next day delivery, used them several times.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Chekoo , I too have considered the Halfords offering. (Local, good guarantee & price using corporate or blue light discount).
Would be good to know if any other members have used one as a replacement.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
471 Posts
My car had a Halfords battery when I bought it, not AGM as I don’t have stop start. It was 18 months old and the correct spec. but was throwing up random errors in the codes. The indicator showed green and it was good.
I changed it for an AGM one from Tayna and all the issues disappeared. The voltage difference was only 0.2 volts between the two but it made a difference. Strangely I gave it to a friend who uses it in his camper van (same engine) and it works great.
The problem is I can’t say for sure if it was the Halfords battery that was a bit weak, or that an AGM one was just a better specification.
Evoques are so sensitive to voltage.🙄

Reactions: Cr***
1 - 4 of 4 Posts