Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my quest for evogue news... came across this site... seems to be a lull before the storm, read with interest that a few of you have put deposits down already (how much did you need to commit?), faith indeed, want to get an official look at pricing with options etc... leaning towards the prestige but by all accounts that is the most expensive one of the three concepts... from others sites seem to suggest starts at around £36k whereas Pure starts at around £30k... perhaps Pure plus options a better route but depends I guess how basic options wise the Pure is.

Any-hoe understand those who have put deposits down get a price spec as of this week ahead of general release in early April... any advanced info would be greatly received, the car looks fantastic but so many unanswered questions before I commit money wise... the 'build' concept on LR website is frustratinglybasic at the mo and give no clues.

All the best evoque lovers... Maximus

·
Registered
32 Posts
Greetings Maximus

I put down a deposit of £1,000 to reserve a place for September but it is returnable if i do not wish to procede. Not that daft!

I understand that full details will be out on 4th April and those that put down a deposit will have about 4weeks head start on the general public in respect of the first order call.

If you look at other parts of this site there are links to a site which gives you more info on options but prices in U.K will not be confirmed until beginning of April.

I'm going for the 3 door prestige and don't expect to get change out of £50k once speced up.
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Griff.. thanks for pinging message back.

Yes since posting orig message have surfed for more info and actually spoken to LR dealer... backs up what you said, I can put £1k down refundable until around May when invited to 'spec up' when they'll want another £1k which turns into £2k non refundable... wonder if you back out before how quickly they'll give the £1k back! I've been a bit disappointed with proactive dealer feedback... find I have to do all the chasing for info... maybe they are a little over confident?!

Anyhow.. dealer reckoned putting down now would prob not secure one of the first Sept deliveries... but more like Oct/Nov.

Like you I was going for Prestige (but 5 door) but after doing the maths using theEuro pricing I reckon Prestige starting price of £36k... plus options I want will mean around £42k end result... I need it closer to £38k! looks like Pure start will be just under £30k so I may go Pure and spec up...
Anyway... will at least put down the £1k next week hopefully to get myself in a queue... interestingly the dealer I spoke to reckoned by the time the first deliveries are out in Sept there will be a 1 year waiting list... said many of his clients refuse to put payment down for something they haven't seen, sat in, driven... but once in showrooms in around May time it will signal flood.

Also said that those who get an Evoque early doors will be in a excellent position if they wanted to sell after a year or so... regardless what residual official figures are he reckoned the second pricing would be over inflated because of the anticpated long waiting lists and market demand.

Possibly just dealer hype to get that deposit...but certainly pays I think to get deposit on before car hits showrooms.

All the best!!

Maximus

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys. I have spoken to my dealer. This week. They now have prices and cost of options for all Evogues.
Not too bad really. Could go up alot if you get carried away but 5 door Presteige auto diesel around £39k

Mines looking like Oct delivery as they have filled allocation for Sept already. Still need to see it in flesh though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Chess Toon... yeah that's the thing isn't it.. seeing it in the flesh... I'm sure the hype is justified but you do wonder. Although completely different in a lot of respects I was initially going to buy the new X3.. great reviews, best 4x4 (with thirty something price tag) on the market etc etc.. I sat in it for test drive and was completely underwhelmed ""¦did zip for me in terms of refinement and comfort... and no way I'd part with £35k for it... slight concern is when sit in evoque I will be equally underwhelmed and think 'hang on... best part of £40k for this?'...<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Assume Prestige at £39k is just adding a couple of bits only? As you say.. you could just keep adding and adding... think LR will play on that.

Also any idea what insurance group it is likely to fall in?

I'm still wondering whether to put deposit down in next week or two.. and therefore get delivery this year... or forget it for this year in exchange for actually sitting in it and seeing the finished article before parting with my money""¦ of course trade off there is then will have to wait 6 mths plus probably minimum.. the concept of buying something without seeing it is somewhat alien to me.

Also concerned how good LR customer service will be if/when problems with the evoque""¦ it's big brother is known for their odd issues when fresh out of the wrapper and LR are low in the charts for customer service satisfaction.
Decisions Decisions ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Maximus,

Appears you have been considering the same alternative as myself, namely the BMW X3. I was going to go for the M Sport which is released in April. However I would not receive it until Nov/Dec. You also have to hit the options list quite considerably to get it to a decent spec. Once priced I was looking at £43k - Ouch!

As a result I went and spoke to two RR dealers. Both indicated an Oct delivery but one was more welcoming and explained everything he knew about the cars. As they were similar delivery times I have put my deposit down on the RR. £1k currently but fully refundable. If you have a order in there is a chance you may get invited by RR to early viewings too.

I have spec'd up my car and it works out cheaper than the X3 OTR. The only things I can't get info on are insurance group and servicing costs. This is an area BMW have covered with their 5 year servicing pack. Hope RR do something similar.

RR do have a poor reputation for customer care but from indications shown, this is on the up. If they want to expand into a bigger market they will have to improve. Only time will tell. Build quality will also have to improve.

However the main thing for me is that residual values in the short term will be very good. especially if there is a year long waiting list. Therefore even if I don't keep it I won't loose out too much but if I do like it I'm driving it before the majority can get hold of one.

Happy Days!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Chess Toon
Any idea how much the panaramic roof is. My dealer says they don't have specs and prices yet.
Any intel would be great.
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

Put my deposit down last week. Thinking about the 5 door Prestige. Either the 190bhp diesel or the 240bhp petrol (depending on fuel economy etc).

I heard from my dealer yesterday that they had just received the option prices hot off the press and were "getting their heads around them". Was told they'd be emailing options sheets through but didn't receive anything yesterday.

Anyone got anything yet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I have received the full price list but I have promised not to make it public. The panoramic is £460 & personally having looked at all the packages starting with the pure foundation, then specing up gives the best/most cost effective car. I'm also being told there are unusual build runs, so you have to balance, what you want against when it is available eg Dynamic is not till Jan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey thanks for that.
I'm going for a three door petrol prestige fully loaded with either the petrol or 187 bhp diesel.

Been told i can have specs etc end of next week for September delivery.
Paid deposit in Jan.
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Griff - My 'guess' is 3 door SD4 Prestige lux manual 42k; petrol equivalent is 44k.....I'm going with the new SD4 engine as 0-60 on heavier Freelander sport in auto is 8.5 secs! So the evoque will be quicker & more fun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm tempted withe the SD4 auto.
My budget is £48- 50k so should be alright.
Have a BMW 335i convertible so used to 306bhp !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the response Del Monte, am also in the same boat now!

Like a lot of people on here seem to be intending, am probably going to
spec quite high. Initially thought the same as you (that going for the
Pure and speccing up would be the best option) and that's still
probably true from a cost perspective. It avoids the need to buy the
whole Lux pack (one or two items of which you might not be that
bothered about - I can't, for instance, in all honesty see myself using
the TV...). Having said that, You could obviously cherry pick on the
Prestige instead of going for the Lux pack but I suspect that from a
resale value point of view the Lux pack is a no brainer.

However, IF you were minded to have all the options (and so were going
to have to buy them all on the Pure anyway), the difference in price
between Pure and Prestige starts to look quite small - something like
£1,500 - £2,000 and for that you get the nicer leather (which I like)
and brighter (and I think nicer) metal finishing on the outside of the
car, plus a slightly nicer interior finish.

In the grand scheme of £45k, that difference doesn't seem like a lot, so I'm erring towards the Prestige tbh...

Still confused though!

On another note, anyone care to venture a guess on the 0-60 time for
the 190bhp diesel? We obvsiouly know that the Freelander does it in

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for info onsunroof, that seems pretty reasonable cost...of comfort to realise going Pure + options is more cost effective... as much as I'd like to do Prestige.... from reading what's out there assume Pure though is pretty basic in terms of standard spec?.. appreciate you have been sworn to secrecy but can you confirm what basic price is for Pure 5dr?? Would at least give me an idea what I have in the bank to spend on options!... I'm still complating on whether to do the deposit or wait or forget it and buy something else... and it might help make my mind up!!

Cheers

Max

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Many thanks SW6RR... really appreciated... bit more than I thought so gives me about £5k to play with on my ideal budget.. hmm.. not gonna get me much that is it!how basic is the standard spec Pure?!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts