Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Evoque 5 Door 2.0
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening all!

I’ve been coming across the forum during my Evoque ownership and finally got round to registering (unfortunately due to an issue im having) so thought I’d best introduce myself first!

Im Lee, UK born and bred but have spent the past 7 years out here in the UAE.

Tbh, I’ve no idea what the full spec sheet of my Evoque is…cars out here tend to vary slightly to the UK and don’t tend to match models you find in other countries. All I know is the fiancé thought it was pretty, it drove well for an “SUV”, and looks great!

It’s a 2015 Evoque with the 2.0 petrol (Although I’m not sure what one) and the 9 speed auto in Firenze Red with black accents (had to be done didn’t it!). Other options include glass roof, folding mirrors with puddle lights, full grey/cream leather memory electric seats and 20” wheels.

Owned it for about 18months and now has just over 100,000km on the clock. Like I said, unfortunately I’m here to try and seek help with an issue I’m having so hopefully the love for the car will continue!

Pictures below.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Window Wheel

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
Welcome, Looks great, Petrol is less common here, but hopefully someone can help, whats your problem?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Hi and welcome. Looks like Dynamic model in the UK.

·
Registered
2015 Evoque 5 Door 2.0
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately having the dreaded turbo issues that seem to plague the petrol models!
Back in December last year the car lost all boost pressure and it turned out that the turbo core had given up the ghost. New core from Borg Warner, rebalanced, car ran like a champ until recently.

That’s when the dreaded soft limp mode started. Generic overboost fault code, nothing specific. Boost pressure sensor and MAP sensor replaced with no luck. Turbo was removed to find the wastegate valve wasn’t doing its job anymore. Borg Warner replacement housing and manifold installed last week and now have a strange problem.

car will drive and accelerate no problem. However when sitting with cruise control on, the slightest of incline (not many hills in the UAE!) and the speed starts to drop slightly…gearbox drops a few and it picks itself up…it hasn’t ever had problems sitting at 130/140 before. Also, when trying to accelerate from higher speeds it has no acceleration. Gearbox changes But speeds don’t improve.

Could I be looking at a boost leak now (although there’s no issues lower in the rev range) or does the wastegate need calibrating (is this a thing?). It pulls much harder at lower RPMs than when the gearbox drops to a lower gear.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
I think i read somewhere that a split pipe is common on the petrol models but can't find it now. Have you seen this thread ?

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,422 Posts
Welcome to the EOC
Your Evoque is looking great in the sunshine. Are there many Evoque’s in the UAE?

Sorry to hear you are having issues, hope you get it resolved soon.

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
Hello and welcome Lee as said great looking car hope you get the issues sorted or pointed in the right direction.

I'm fairly new to the Evoque too had mine just over 2yr 9 months iv been lucky dropped on a good one I think 2017- 2.0 deisel 21,000 miles on clock now 15,500 when I got it.

I too have read on the forum about the split turbo pipe so hopefully that gets you going the right way..

Good luck 👍

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I too have heard split turbo pipe can cause problems but with all the work that's been done thought unlikely now but you never know it's worth a look.
Can only recall seeing one Evoque in the part of the UAE where we go, quite a few full fat RRs. Toyota seem to have a good grip on the market🐪

1 - 8 of 8 Posts