Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Cars looks great ... enjoy looks like you’re in the right environment for it!

Maffy definitely a guy during they day ... what he dresses up at night is really none of our business that’s between him and clive😜

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Two weeks into ownership (tomorrow) and I'm totally in love with my new four-wheeled baby 😍 which I call "my little whale". Love whales, they are big, beautiful, intelligent, just like my Evoque! Love the comfortable seats, all the nifty features, I really feel like in a spaceship with all the gadgets. Driving is also fine, obviously not the same feelings as when driving a kart-like speedy gonzales like my Mini was, but it's a different kind of pleasure. I'm adapting to the size as well. I expected it would be harder actually.

But obviously as she has to live up to her JLR ancestry and reputation, there's a glitch so far - heating steering wheel does not heat! JLR will take her in on 10 Feb and keep her the whole week as I'll be traveling abroad for my work and won't need my car anyway. Hopefully they can find out what's wrong.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
But obviously as she has to live up to her JLR ancestry and reputation, there's a glitch so far - heating steering wheel does not heat! JLR will take her in on 10 Feb and keep her the whole week as I'll be traveling abroad for my work and won't need my car anyway. Hopefully they can find out what's wrong.
Quick follow-up on this, my Evoque went back to the dealership on 10-Feb and the next day I got notified that the issue was fixed. I had to wait for last Saturday to pick it up and for some colder weather to effectively test the heating - and boy it works ! So all good for now, which is great!

On a side note, the aluminium insert is not something I'd choose in the future as the insert obviously does not heat, therefore there's an unpleasant hot-cold contrast on the hands when heating up. Anyway, after a short while steering wheel gets really warm so it's better to turn it off anyway. If I were JLR I'd propose the heated steering wheel only without the aluminium insert.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi macounette, welcome. In the UK we really don't need a heated steering wheel with our climate at the moment with all this rain we need a waterproof one. :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts