Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all from the mountains of Switzerland! I'm very happy to have found this community as I'm about to make a BIG change to my life as a driver.... I'll buy an Evoque!

I've been driving "small-ish" sized cars most of my life - from Toyotas MR2 back in the 90s, to diverse flavours of VW Golf in the 00's, and MINIs for the last 11 years. My current one is a 7-and-a-half-year old MINI Cooper S cabriolet (184hp) - a fun-to-drive little kart I've taken on meetings and road trips across Europe.

I never really thought I'd ever own a SUV but a recent work stint to the US where I spent 2 weeks moving around in a Cadillac XT4 changed my mind. I'm ripe for a car with more comfort, more tech, and more space. I started researching about small SUVs and the Evoque definitely stood out - a SUV with British elegance and flair.

So far I have spent countless hours in the configurator and for now I'm considering a First Edition P250 with the Adaptive Dynamics option. I've test driven a D180 which didn't fully convince me and I have a test drive of P250 on Thursday... and then if no major surprises, I'll sign :)

I still do have a hesitation (see my signature) - should I take the First Ed (available in stock) or a HSE BTO with more or less the same options and some more? I've seen there's a topic on the subject so I'll go there for more infos. Especially, as a cabriolet owner I fear I might miss the sliding roof... your comments are most welcome.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum, im sure you will bee delighted with your new evoque. whats the colour ? 馃檪
Thank you bee 馃槉 I finally went with the First Edition in Nolita Grey. Expected delivery early Jan next year. Needless to say, I'm VERY impatient 馃榿

Super Moderator
Hi and welcome. Sorry you didn't get an answer sooner. I've been on here every day but today is the First time I've seen your question. No idea why as I always look for new posts. Anyway, I hope the time to handover passes quickly for you .

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and welcome. Sorry you didn't get an answer sooner. I've been on here every day but today is the First time I've seen your question. No idea why as I always look for new posts. Anyway, I hope the time to handover passes quickly for you .
No worries, I didn't expect a quick answer, due to the holidays and so ;) thanks for the welcome ;)

Registered
I lived in Givrin for 8 months (Near Nyon) with a family who didn't speak English nor I French-I now speak fluent french-I was 18 at the time-wonderful and beautiful place.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I see where that is - I work not very far from Nyon. Givrins is a cute place - and I guess you could almost walk home from Pal茅o festival ;)

Registered
It was 40 years ago so not familiar with the paleo festival, i was 18 years old and in thise days interested in beer and women.
Used to drive Madames first edition VW Golf into Trelex and buy Viande Seche! what a treat-it was not available in those days anywhere else.
Very happy times, the vautiers are buried in the small church yard as you enter the Village- been back quite a few times, some changes but the basics are still there.
Colin, that is the kind of Horn I used to have in those days!!!!;););)

Super Moderator
No interest in beer or women now Maffy? Only diet Coke and Clive LOL

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
So after a couple weeks wait this morning I said good bye to my lovely MINI convertible and took possession of this beauty...

IMG_6295.JPG
(click for full image)

Super Moderator
Very nice. Enjoy !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts