Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Firenze red/Verve, Dynamic SD4 Auto with Lux pack, Privacy glass and spare wheel on Monday. After my wait (documented on other Topics) was it worth it all??.....YES!!!! Only a couple of gripes . I will use this mostly in mainland Europe (dealer knew this)and I found out today that although the Dab radiois brilliant in the UK,it is absolutely Use....less in France, Holland and Germany and to make it worse, the FM radio is poor. The driver's seat is a design flaw and whoever hardened the thigh bolster at the drivers door sideneeds shot, this will be a problem for JLR and I'm sure it will be a Mod soon, it is almost a wrecker and I would advise opting for something else if driving long distances, it is that bad.. Sat nav is a bit fiddly but quite good.
But...What a looker and a great drive, once you move your ass a quarter left. The 20" wheels cause no problems and not bumpy at all. The fuel return is OK and will improve. The sound system with CD, Uploaded data or I-things is epic. I'm pleased enough and I ask that you all register your niggles with JLR as they will improve the faults for the next one, which I will get.....It's that GOOD.

/bongo1.jpg

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi
Can you post some pics?
I have also gone for this combination and told it is expected to go into build tomorrow, fingers crossed and everything else it does not change!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take some at the weekend and try to make them work on the site!!!!!! By the way the firenze red is magnifico.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea whyDAB doesn't work!Shame as its brill in UK.I tried all three DAB channels and all the systems, including the 2 for Canada. All that appears is an info box and when I touch on that I get a "No Signal" message. If anyone can tell me its down to my ignorance I would be very appreciative. The car's minging so I'll take the pics once cleaned tomorrow. For anyone getting my mix I would suggest the black roof as the dark glass needs a surround. I didn't think of that. Oh, the driver's seat isn't so bad if you remove wallet from back right pocket!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Bongo
I was interested to read your post re the thigh bolster on the drivers side, I noticed the same thing on my Prestige but thought it must be me - perhaps not.

I will mention it to JLR when it goes in for its first upgrade at some point.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bongo wrote - "For anyone getting my mix I would suggest the black roof as the dark glass needs a surround".

I've gone for the Firenze red with a contrasting black roof &privacy glass just based on how good it looked on the LR configurator - I haven't see a photo of a 5 door Dynamic with this combination yet.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
On the DAB issue, looks like France is not actually on board with it yet; This site lists countries in the world with regular DAB service; http://www.worlddab.org/country_information_

Its listing France as being trialling it. "Currently in France there is a lack of FM spectrum which means the French radio market has little opportunity to expand. The French market in line with the GE-06 has allocated Band III for digital radio. There has been some discussion into using the L-Band for coverage of motorways although this has not been confirmed."

·
Registered
119 Posts
Glad you made that comment on the roof colour. We ordered exactly your spec but then changed to the black roof at the last minute. Need more photos though. Looks fab and can't wait. Build pushed back to Dec 16th and delivery in Jan

·
Registered
71 Posts
roblucas0 said:
I have his combination, do you still need some photos?

Yes please Rob - can you get you step ladder out and take some from an elevated position so we can appreciate the contrasting black roof? Be careful on the ladder now -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts