Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd just post this on 'main message page' as not sure how many read the 'mpg' threads & felt that some publicity regarding good fuel economy would help promote a balanced view of the Evoque!!

Just back from Kent.
Car's now done 2,444 miles. Trip just now from Broadstairs to Swindon was 170 miles.

Averaged an indicated 50.0 mpg!! Averaging about 75 to 80 on the motorways. Well happy!

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's great Green frog! Did you actually touch the accelerator or were you being towed at the time? !

·
Registered
833 Posts
That is good news for the Evoque....and your wallet! Who needs a nine speed box, eh?

Sorry Greenfrog, I can't recall which model you have? Is it petrol or diesel engined?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Wynnsiensheng - 50mpg in an Si4 engine? Definitely not! Greenfrog drives an eD4.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice one green frog, I'm still showing 26 but only done 600 miles of city driving.
However it could be 16 mpg and I still wouldn't swap it for anything else

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys! Maybe the mpg advertised figures are not THAT overly optimistic after all...!?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello all,

I have just returned from a 400 mile round trip (mixed motorway and A roads). My Sd4 returned 44.9 MPG (couldn't quite get it to 45 !!)I was booting it on the motorway as well.

I'm happy with that.

·
Super Moderator
4,875 Posts
I could never get anything like that from my SD4 auto even at a steady 70 mph (honest) on the motorway! Around town I was lucky if I saw 26!! As soon as I test drove a manual version I could get up to 42 without trying too hard. Auto now gone, manual on its way!!
Cheers.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi, my SD4 did 600 miles in two days carrying 5 people on motorways and A and B roads and returned 42.2 mpg
I was very impressed Edited by: Wife's car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well it's doable I wasn't driving ultra carefully to see what I could achieveMPG wise. I did use the cruise control at every opportunity - that may make a difference.

RP

·
Super Moderator
4,875 Posts
HI RPE.
I do think that some cars use more fuel than another of the same sort.
I never saw more than 38mpg even on cruise control and a 225 mile trip!
My dealer lent me a manual version and I covered some distance but straight away I could get considerably more mpg. It didn't really bother me what it did mpg wise, I just enjoyed ownership and cant wait for my new one to arrive in Sept.
regards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts