Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Evoque SE Dynamic Black Pack Convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 1st RR. A 2016 SE Dynamic Evoque convertible. I'm an Aussie living in Malta and whilst I have BMWs in OZ, I think this is probably the best option when you need good clearance and like to go topless during the warm sunny days here. Little disappointed though in the lack of lux features, no sat nav.. no android car play.. no heated seats... no reversing camera.. so am keen to discover if owners have been successful in retro fits or after market kit. Cheers.

·
Administrator
3,122 Posts
Hi and welcome,

2016 old... :D

Plenty of info on here on aftermarket fits for carplay and rear cameras.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
6,204 Posts
am so glad you're under a male profile going topless ! ;) good idea though to put your car in the signature so if you have any other questions one will ask what you have... have a look here

sorry I can't help with after market gear but amused me going topless :)

• Haha
Reactions: Blackwolf

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque Convertible HSE Dynamic in Yulong White Metallic
9 Posts
Hi & welcome
Suprised that your RR convertible does not have some of the items you listed as standard, my 2016 RREC has sat nav, heated seats, reversing camera and many other things but yes no Apple car play.
I also agree with PhilSkill 2016 OLD................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi & welcome
Suprised that your RR convertible does not have some of the items you listed as standard, my 2016 RREC has sat nav, heated seats, reversing camera and many other things but yes no Apple car play.
I also agree with PhilSkill 2016 OLD................
Appreciate the feedback.. but probably not as surprised as me... and look I don't really think 2016 is old either.. just hoping to attract some attention from those who may have done some serious after market upgrades.

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto Yulong White Black Pack Few Subtle Mods
381 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum my17 is a SE Tech but does have heated seats sat nav didn't have the reverse camera but I retro fitted one myself specifically for the 17 evoque straight forward took me about 1.5hrs including removing front drivers seat to access the h/u control unit and running the camera cable through the boot up the roof pillar and into the hatch to camera mounted more or less where JLR fit them as standard 😀

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum my17 is a SE Tech but does have heated seats sat nav didn't have the reverse camera but I retro fitted one myself specifically for the 17 evoque straight forward took me about 1.5hrs including removing front drivers seat to access the h/u control unit and running the camera cable through the boot up the roof pillar and into the hatch to camera mounted more or less where JLR fit them as standard 😀
Thanks for the guidance. So was it an OEM camera and were you able to use the existing harness without any adaptors. Cheers.

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto Yulong White Black Pack Few Subtle Mods
381 Posts
Thanks for the guidance. So was it an OEM camera and were you able to use the existing harness without any adaptors. Cheers.
It was an aftermarket kit plug and play came with harness ready to plug in had no issues at all.

I looked into it and spoke with the company that supplies them a very knowledgeable chap I was convinced it would be ok and it was.

Clear HD images with guidance lines that move with steering and all the sensors work and vehicle icon on screen 😀

As pic below

Gadget Reflex camera Cameras & optics Camera Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi just got a 2014 evoque and fitted reversing cam easy job i used a kit off ebay not cheap £150 and a £10 camera but it did what it said simply remove the connector from the back of the audio head unit and plug this unit in line simple hardest part was getting the camera wiring to the headunit also fitted electric seats to the 14 from a scrap 17 evoque seats were plug and play as all the wiring connectors were the same and fully electric seats worked first time

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,396 Posts
@gaz2313 It's worth updating your forum profile with your year and spec and then it's easy for people to see what vehicle you have :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts