Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I agree Markw, it should not be that way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was sort of hoping that the dealership would of called today to give update. Perhaps I was expecting to much.
Loan ca is OK, A FFRR Vogue SE with about 8K on the clock. Not driven it yet but the interior doesn't look to of worn that well. I know it's a loaner and they get hammered but I'd expect more for a top model like this

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well car went in as I said, they had to perform diagnostics, and strangely enough it said the same as the AA tech when he visited our house.
Anyway, they ordered the EGR temp sensor. But when I spoke to them, it's not the same issue as before, because it's a different sensor makes it a new fault, despite it being on the EGR system. Go figure.
Waited all week for our car back. Watched the app every day to see the test drives, they've now run the fuel down to 14 mile range, which I'm not to happy about. This is when with such a low fuel level it drags up the drudge from the bottom of the tank.
Anyway, had a call late on Fri afternoon " sorry you cant have your ca back, after an extensive testdrive, (12.8m) the EML has come back on. So it's going back in the workshop on Monday.
My big question is, what do you have to do to become a master tech at LR. Not a lot by the looks of it. This is the 3rd EGR fault in my car in thew 12 months that we've owned it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Unfortunately it is not "proper mechanic - ing" these days with all of the unnecessary electric gizmos & programs which are now fitted it is just the case of chasing the fault codes until they all go away (possibly only temporarily) then it starts all over again. :(:confused::mad::poop:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement.
The Evoque is the wifes dream car, we've saved hard to buy a 12 month old example of the right spec and mileage. It wasn't a cheap option but at the time we thought it worth it. Beginning to question that decision now

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You will need a good warranty & much patience to get through your Evoque ownership. It is worth it when all is going well.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still have 15 months or original warranty left. But hoping that if we keep this car I can negotiate an extra 12 months from LR for all the issues we've had
When the car is running, it's an awesome car

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
If it's the one near to me in downtown near the Dee, then good luck-despite you knowing someone thay have turned ferel in their desire to look after customers-I will never touch them again
Mrs is thinking of an Evoque now but it most certainly WONT be coming from or via them.
All the good staff have either left or been pushed out-MUCH TO THEIR LOSS.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Still have 15 months or original warranty left. But hoping that if we keep this car I can negotiate an extra 12 months from LR for all the issues we've had
When the car is running, it's an awesome car
That, Markw, is a very good idea(y):);) (extra 12 months) I must remember to try that next year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
If it's the one near to me in downtown near the Dee, then good luck-despite you knowing someone thay have turned ferel in their desire to look after customers-I will never touch them again
Mrs is thinking of an Evoque now but it most certainly WONT be coming from or via them.
All the good staff have either left or been pushed out-MUCH TO THEIR LOSS.
Mafy, where abouts are you?? I'm in the SW. I think the Dee is somewhere up North unless the floods have made it merge with our local rivers?? :LOL

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Maffy you can buy mine for you’re wife 😂
Will deliver too la la land?

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Mark, sorry for some reason I thought you ŵere based in North Wales and therefore would gave used said Dealer-apologies for my thickness but my tutor (Veteran) has been away.
now who the heck is it in North Wales then?

Donna, sorry, but she will want sparkly new one if she decides to chop the zoomy Golf
thanks for the very kind offer, byvthe way, where is La-La Land? Is it near Dundee"
LOL

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mafy, where abouts are you?? I'm in the SW. I think the Dee is somewhere up North unless the floods have made it merge with our local rivers?? :LOL
Afon Dyfrdwy (River Dee) is a Site of Special Scientific Interest in the preserved county of Clwyd, north Wales. The river begins in Parc Cenedlaethol Eryri, in Snowdonia, Wales. From there, it flows northeast to Corwen, goes eastward past Llangollen, and continues east through Chester, England.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Thank you for that Bear Bazz!

The bit of Dee we occasionally see is in Chester-Dirty, smelly and wet!!!!-Flows past me to somewhere else!!!

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Afon Dyfrdwy (River Dee) is a Site of Special Scientific Interest in the preserved county of Clwyd, north Wales. The river begins in Parc Cenedlaethol Eryri, in Snowdonia, Wales. From there, it flows northeast to Corwen, goes eastward past Llangollen, and continues east through Chester, England.
Never ever disss my spelling again ..... even if all this is right it’s wrong just wrong ..... can’t even pronounce it😂😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Yes Welsh a pointless language-as popular as Latin!!!!! all so 6 women in pointy hats can gabble when you walk into a shop-Bollocks to them!!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Never ever disss my spelling again ..... even if all this is right it’s wrong just wrong ..... can’t even pronounce it😂😂😂😂😂😂
I thought you Celtic people stuck together❓❓ :unsure: (y):D

21 - 40 of 49 Posts