Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 3rd time we've had this happen now. If its beenleft on the drive outside unlocked, when I go outside to it, to go out I get nothing. Doors will open but it won't start, no interior lights...nothing only thing that works is the horn. Boot won't open & the car won't lock.
It has to be left for a good few hours & then it will start as normal.

Its been back to Land Rover for 5 days but typically it didn't fault whilst it was there.

Both keys have been checked & neither work whilst its like this.

I've just recorded it on my phone so I can show Land Rover tomorrow whats happening with it.

Anyone else had or heard of this???

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
This used to happen to our 5 series BMW - it is like a 'protection mechanism' apparently. I would question why you're leaving the car unlocked on the drive!?!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree with Tootsie. Why are you leaving it unlocked, especially when it unlocks automatically with the keys in your pocket. Perhaps you don't have that feature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live out in the sticks.....no neighbours nearby so no need to lock it everytime. As for features it has almost everything it can have. Just seems stranged to me why its happening. Land Rover are none the wiser either......its still there why they check out every possibility.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This sounds similar to the problem I had. It took Marshalls Cambridge a month to fix, and they had to call in RR engineers.

Symptom: When warm, the car wouldn't lock or start with either key. Warm = 20+ mins of driving

Symptom seen by dealer: lots of faults reported by the immobilser when warm

Solution: replace a major wiring loom (sourced from the production line as nota standard spare)

Did it work: So far, so good on long journeys, and fingers crossed it still works when the weather gets warmer.

Your dealer could call marshalls in Cambridge for details

1 - 7 of 7 Posts