Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Evoque (2014 Diesel Auto, 55k miles) was found to have a small oil leak from the gearbox at last service (LR Main Dealer in Kent). Was booked in for fix in March. 6 months later, after multiple attempts to fix the leak, it’s still with the LR main dealer and still not fixed. Are gearbox leaks common on these and has anyone had similar issues with your car not being able to be fixed by a main dealer? So far they have replaced oil seals multiple times, replaced the gearbox, replaced breather pipe, replaced transfer unit, and are now going to try yet another gearbox change. After 6 months of failed attempts to fix his leak, you can imagine I’m losing faith but what can I do other than hope they come good and one day I get my car back again?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s with a JLR main dealer so should be in the best possible hands? They’ve consulted with other JLR dealers and JLR central office to try and understand why the seal keeps failing, and talked about using various new tools etc... They have a few Evoques in with the same problem but ours seems to be the most troublesome to fix. Does seem very odd it’s proving such a problem to fix which is why I posted my question to ask if others have had similar issues with gearbox leaks.

·
Registered
Evoque Hse dynamic lux sd4
28 Posts
If it still leaks after fitting a new gear box and also transfer box then it can't be the boxes very strange set of circumstances. It begs the question are they missing something. I had an eleven plated freelander 2 that developed a leak i asked the lads down at landrover (as I worked for a main jlr dealer at the time ) they didn't know of anything that leaked around the box after having a look myself it turned out to be the rear main oil seal on the engine quite common as they got a little bit older . But that's why the techs at landrover hadn't come across it just a thought??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t think it can be the rear main seal as it’s definitely gear oil rather than engine oil (based on the smell and colour of it). Given it keeps leaking with new seals, I was wondering if a build up of pressure could be forcing the oil out, but they said they’ve replace a breather pipe which I assume is to prevent pressure build up? It’s all very strange and JLR are pulling the hair out after 6 months of multiple attempts to fix it. Fortunately it’s being done under warranty and we’ve had a nice new courtesy Discovery for 6 months so it’s not been too painful for us, other than the multiple pools of oil dropped on the drive each time they return it only for it to fail again within days. I now need a new drive (in more ways than one!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts