Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi mines a 2014 manual so will probably need a new battery towards the coming Winter, what make batteries are any of you going for and what sort of price. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi there .
I have this problem also but it's when am driving down the road on the motorways and so got to pull over into the hard shoulder and switch off and back on again and it resets the computer system and then drives like normal . Then few days or even a week later it happens again I've got 2015 dynamic 96000 miles but also had that problem with the steering shaft and land rover replacement and repair the problem free of charge so I'll look for the battery thing and change it thanks for the up dates on the type of problem we all be having these days ....
New battery sorted mine. Now back door lock jamming and rear door won’t open. I also have a Mazda 6 with 160,000 on her and never gives a minutes bother.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
3,486 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys.

As the topic says, just bought our first RR evoque. From time to time “gear box fault” in yellow appears on dash. Then it won’t engage gear. And also the central locking sometimes doesn’t open some of the doors. It’s a 2013 sd4 70,000 miles.

This car is starting to worry me that if it ends up at a RR dealer it’s going to cost a fortune. We have a really good mechanic that does all our work.

It’s actually going in next week for timing belt change and transmission oil change.
Any advise much appreciated.
Hi there ,

What was the outcome to the problem you had on the car ?
Cheers

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,813 Posts
Hi there ,

What was the outcome to the problem you had on the car ?
Cheers
New battery:

PS. It's good to update your forum profile with Evoque year and spec :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New battery:

PS. It's good to update your forum profile with Evoque year and spec :)

·
Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
14 Posts
I’ve had this problem with my car I have only had a few weeks 😞 I got the new battery fitted and the faults are still coming up 😞😞 absolutely gutted we brought it from a private sale so now we are stuck with the car 😔

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had that with mine it’s a 2013 too. Not had it since I changed the battery it’s been fine !
check how old your battery is ?
And also check the auxillary battery if it has one ( a small one under the glove compartment ) as that can cause some 'gearbox fault ' warnings.
I made a video

Martin

·
Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
14 Posts
And also check the auxillary battery if it has one ( a small one under the glove compartment ) as that can cause some 'gearbox fault ' warnings.
I made a video

Martin

Thank you Martin for commenting I’m going to get one and try I really hope this will solve the problem, I’m so upset this has happened to us , this is the second time we have been sold a car with problems I’m just gutted and loosing faith in people 😔 .
thanks again 👍🏼

·
Registered
P300e
167 Posts
Could need a Haldex service if it's a 4WD?

Edit; an SD4 is 4WD, so it could well be in need of a Haldex service.

Ours went wrong at about 24,000 miles I think? But a lot of 2012 - 2013 models had this problem with faulty pumps.

Cost me £450 in 2018, JLR were not interested in goodwill even though we had a FSH and brought it new.

·
Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
14 Posts
Could need a Haldex service if it's a 4WD?

Edit; an SD4 is 4WD, so it could well be in need of a Haldex service.

Ours went wrong at about 24,000 miles I think? But a lot of 2012 - 2013 models had this problem with faulty pumps.

Cost me £450 in 2018, JLR were not interested in goodwill even though we had a FSH and brought it new.
Thank you for commenting nicko16 I’m waiting for the garage to call me back with a price to service it . I’m just so fed up with people selling us faulty cars 😔 this is the 2nd car in the last 3 years that we have been sold with faults that come up a few days after we brought them ,just can’t trust anyone these days sadly .

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had the same issue on mine after it went in for a transmission/rear diff service. Ended up causing problems with the Haldex pump which was replaced also. I still have a problem with it but I'll have to wait to get it back in to diagnose the exact issue I'm having.

Reactions: Zarzee

·
Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
14 Posts
I've had the same issue on mine after it went in for a transmission/rear diff service. Ended up causing problems with the Haldex pump which was replaced also. I still have a problem with it but I'll have to wait to get it back in to diagnose the exact issue I'm having.
Sorry to hear your having this issue as well it’s so frustrating isn’t it 😕 . When I went out in the car today I tried something that I read on here and the lights haven’t come on I don’t know if it’s just a fluke or it’s work but this is what I done .
Pressed the start button without putting my foot on the break then waited for the light to come on about putting foot on the brake so then put foot on break and pressed start button again No warning lights came on during driving 5 miles I done the same on my way back and again No lights have came on , apparently the glow plugs can take a lot of power so doing this when you start the car the plugs are already hot and the car starts with no gear box faults 👍🏼. I will post on here again in a couple of days and let you all know how it’s going 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 .

·
Registered
2012 dynamic 2.2
14 Posts
I don’t won’t to speak to soon but the warning lights haven’t come back on so changing the battery hopefully has done the trick 🙏🏻 . I’m so happy that I found this site and great full to all the people that have commented and given advice . Thank you 😘

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don’t won’t to speak to soon but the warning lights haven’t come back on so changing the battery hopefully has done the trick 🙏🏻 . I’m so happy that I found this site and great full to all the people that have commented and given advice . Thank you 😘
Thats good news, glad it seems to be sorted now! 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: Zarzee
21 - 37 of 37 Posts